Futaba Skysport 6Y G - I/F now working!

Postby Ant » Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:01 pm

Just an update for anybody following my previous thread! I originally made the interface as per the FMS Manual schematic, i.e. using a 680ohm resistor and a zener diode. After having some problems receiving a signal, I eventually managed to set it up to IRQ7 (after disabling IRQ sharing on my Sound Blaster Emulation properties within Device Manager), but during the calibration all bars were going crazy, and would not settle down.

Steve advised me that the transistor (NPN 2222a) version of the interface is a better solution, and indeed this one now works without any problem. I just get the slight 'twitches' as described by other users - but I am thinking that this will only serve to hone my flying skills (model still under construction!).

Advice to anybody building an interface for this or similar TX:
1) Build the transistor version, not the zener version.
2) Follow the instructions at
URL=http://www.heliguy.com/nexus/fmsinterface.html]Futaba FMS Cable[/URL]
3) Ensure that you get the transistor the right way round - the one I had did not have a 'flat side', rather it had a little lug on one side - I had to call the guy in Maplin to find the position of the Emmiter / Collector and Base in relation to this 'Lug'.
4) Ensure that your LPT1 port is configured to IRQ 7
5) Ensure that SoundBlaster Emulation is not configured to share IRQ.

Thanks for you help, Steve :p

Ant
Ant

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface