[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Connecting Dragonfly 35 transmitter to PC - Need help with configuring PPJoy

Connecting Dragonfly 35 transmitter to PC - Need help with configuring PPJoy

Postby DarkFire » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:11 pm

I have a Dragonfly 35 Helicopter with the Walkera Transmitter. In the manual I read that it is a CPPM type. Now my question is, how do I connect it with my PC and what do I have to set in PPJoy that I can use it with the serial port?
I think this is an transmitter, which has a PPM (or whats CPPM?) signal on the SVideo connector on the back of it.
I can only add a PPM Joystick with LPT port.
Is there any way to make this with the serial port?
Which of the 4 pins is the signal pin (I`m not sure)?
DarkFire

Postby Eric Brouwer » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:01 am

This tx is already configured to connect to a standard serial port. The cable is as follow:

To see if it is compatable with PPJoy, please download from . If the cable/tx is compatable with this program, it will work correct when using PPJoy.

Remember to create a virtual joystick in PPJoy, and the run the PPJoyCOM program that was installed with PPJoy. Ensure that you have selected the protocol in PPJoyCOM to "Zhen Hua 5 byte protocol".
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby DarkFire » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:05 am

Isn't this only for CPM transmitters?
If connect it with this cable, i get an Invalid sync byte 0 in PPJOYCom.
DarkFire

Postby Eric Brouwer » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:16 am

Have you tried all the different options in PPJoyCOM? If you still receive the "invalid synch byte" error in PPJoy, I can not help you. It means that the tx you have, is not compatible with PPJoy, PPJoyCOM or FMS.

As the development of PPJoy was stopped, I do not know if you will be able to get the tx working with FMS.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Eric Brouwer

Postby DarkFire » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:58 am

Can't I add a PPM device, which I connect to serial Port in PPJoy? With the parallel port it also works.
DarkFire

Postby Eric Brouwer » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:59 am

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Eric Brouwer

Postby DarkFire » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:34 pm

I've tried it, but it didn't work. By the way, I looked at the signal pins with WinScope, on all 3 pins I have such a signal:
DarkFire

Postby DarkFire » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:42 am

Now I found a solution for my problem.
It's only working with the PARALLEL Port.
But there it wors fine. I've tested it.
The tutorial is in german, but I think the pictures say enough.

If you have any questions regarding the tutorial, please post your questions here.
DarkFire

Postby jaskel » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:38 pm

I am sure there is a way to get the walkera TX working with the supplied sim cables??
jaskel

Return to Serialport-PPM-Interface