[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - JR PCM9X query - anybody using a JR PCM9X?

JR PCM9X query - anybody using a JR PCM9X?

Postby BillT » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:16 am

I have recently changed Tx from Hitec Flash 5X to a new JR PCM9X.
FMS and also AeroFly worked fine with the Hitec Tx but now both will not recognize the JR attached to a serial port. (Still using the same AeroFly cable but without the Hitec plug extension.)
Can anybody suggest what might be wrong?

Thanks,
BillT
BillT

Postby Steve Lewin » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:24 am

You must be in PPM mode and for JR TXs you must NOT switch the TX on. If you do it thinks it's a master TX and sits listening to the buddy socket rather than putting a signal out on it.

If that's not it, need more info. What do you see in the FMS calibration screen, if anything ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby BillT » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:19 pm

Thanks for the reply, Steve.
Yes, I am using PPM and the Tx is OFF when I connect the interface cord to DSC port.

Calibration screen is totally unmoving; the blue bars just sit at the halfway level.

I am mostly trying on the same "Parallel/Serial IRQ-interface 32 bit VXD" option that I have used with the Hitec. Have tried other options there without success.

So, still at ?????????????????

Thanks,
BillT
BillT

Postby Steve Lewin » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:26 am

That's a shame. It may depend the exact interface you're using. JR have a different, lower level, signal output from all the other makes. It's too not difficult to design the electronics so they work with either type but some interfaces haven't made the effort. I don't know the design of the Aerofly I/F so I can't say definitely if that's the case. Let's hope someone comes along who knows that I/F in detail.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby BillT » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:21 am

Hi Steve.

I went onto the Aerofly forum, got advice to search the Aerofly Pro forum (which I wrongly credited to you, sorry), and solved the problem.

JR needs a mono interface connection, not stereo as used by Hitec.

So the problem is now solved, thanks.

Bill
BillT

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:18 pm

That's the problem with trying to answer questions when you don't know the particular interface well. I didn't even think to ask if it used the correct plug. It is interesting because stereo jacks often do work with JR transmitters as buddy leads, but from your experience they obviously don't always work.

Glad you got it solved.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Return to Serialport-PPM-Interface