[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Simple Serial setup Nightmare - Getting FMS to work with Serial and Xp

Simple Serial setup Nightmare - Getting FMS to work with Serial and Xp

Postby ardan » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:09 am

Hi All,

I don't want to sound like I am complaining, I really appreciate this software and it works great with the keyboard but I need to use my controller.

I bought a Dragonfly X rotation helicopter and it came with a 6 channel radio and a serial cable. On the back of the controller is a small (din) connection which goes to a standard d style (9 pin) serial connection. I hook it up and I get nothing, I have tried every setting and reviewed every post I can and cannot find anything that addresses this issue. This would seem to me to be the most standard setup yet it doesn't work at all. Any ideas would be appreciated much.

P4 2.66
GeForce 128
Windows XP home

Thanks a lot

ardan ???
ardan

Postby Steve Lewin » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:45 am

I don't know that particular model but many of the off-brand odd controllers which come with helicopter packages only work in PCM mode. FMS does not work directly with PCM controllers. Perhaps you could ask the vendor what simulators the serial cable is intended to work with.

Alternatively you may get it to work if you try using PPJoy, which is mentioned a lot round here.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby ardan » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:52 pm

Thanks Steve,

I guess I let my limited knowlege of Remote Control toys get me ripped off. Oh Well, a lesson well learned.

Besides the simlator not working with my controller I can't even get the helipcopter to hover, soon as I try to lift off it falls either left or right.

Boy do I feel stupid.....

Thanks for the help

Ardan
ardan

Postby luki » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:38 pm

Hey man
I have exactly the same problem some weeks ago. Now it's working after some weeks and nights in a front of my Computer.
What ever.
Please install Win98 first because with win2000 or XP it will not work. After you install the simulator software from this page. It's also free! Take the second link under the transmitter picture and install in your language.

Happy flying
luki

Postby luki » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:31 am

Hello Ardan

I hope this help.

ZHEN HUA PCM-4CH FMS Interface
luki

Postby drewk1 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:31 am

This works for me, using XP pro
drewk1

Postby shivy » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:13 pm

shivy

Postby Paul52 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:51 am

Have a Futaba SkySport Transmitter and am running XP Home
Program works with the keyboard but cant get it to reconize the transmitter-
Am A RC Builder (Have built professionaly) but have never learned to fly one.
Hope someone has solved this problem-
Thanks, Paul
Paul52

Return to Serialport-PPM-Interface