Transmitter not detected (tried everything)

Postby Diabolic » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:57 pm

Dear fellow members.
I've got a Win Xp Pro and an Intel motherboard 845, Pentium IV 2.0
I also got one serial port only (COM 1) on which I connected the transmitter with a cable bundled with my RC Helicopter.

I bought a Cyclone helicopter (very close to a Dragonfly the seller told me)> The package came with a helicopter of course, one 6 channels transmitter (i dont know if its a PPM or CPM, no indication in the manual!), and a serial-transmitter cable (6pins) that connects to the back of the transmitter, and a CD to install a simulator (FMS version7).

I download the 2 alpha 8.5 version of FMS.
downloaded PPjoy and PICjoy.

I am configuring the softwares to read the COM 1 (9600 bauds) but dont have success yet.
PPjoy (ppcom) reads the COM1, but the "beep on serial input" mode bips brrrrrrrr brrrrrr brrrrrrrr instead of biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip. dont know if its an indication anyway.
PICjoy: says it found signal with 14/12/8 channels. depends of the position of the sticks on the transmitter: enabling meter gives me numbers from 248 to 255.

FMS Interface test: Interface disconnected or faulty. when i use ppjoy, i cannot use the FMS interface test
RS232 analyser says: COMM open (received values 248-255)
Analyser 31 : I dont understand what it does exactly ;)

please help me make it work.
Diabolic

Postby Diabolic » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:51 am

Guys,

It works now!!!!
I just downloaded the "FMS PICTester".
After an installation and a reboot, I launched the software, and it automatically told me I have a "Zhen Hua 5 byte protocol" PPM Tx cable and it detected 4 channels (not 6) but anyway its great
With that info, I reinstalled the "add joystick" in PPjoy configure joysticks, closed it, and launched PPjoyCom.
I configured PPjoyCom to read a Zhen Hua 5, and it worked fine.
I launched FMS while maintaining PPjoyCom open of course and chose "Controls"/"analog stick"/ " joystick interface" and the simulation worked well.

PS: dont forget to turn on the transmitter while configuring the connection. Also, in my case before doing the recommended actions up here, I had to go to the Hardware settings in Windows to set the Com Port to 19200 bauds.
:D
Diabolic

Postby minimie » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:11 am

hi,

i have the same problem,
i have a cyclone transmitter but it doesn´t work with fms..
the pictester doesn´t work on my system :(
the ppj is installed and it works...
i have tasted all configurations but no one works :(

can help me someone?
minimie

Return to Serialport-PPM-Interface