[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Smartpropo Cable

Smartpropo Cable

Smartpropo Cable

Postby F.Alsop » Sat May 20, 2006 12:30 pm

I would like to try FMS using the Smartpropo-plus option through the sound card on Win xP. I have a JR x347 Tx with a 3.5mm jack buddy box outlet. Could someone give me precise details of the cable to connect my Tx to PC. I have read Olivier2's summary and probably the German site he refers to under Smartpropo has the required info,but unfortunately my German is rubbish.
Crasher38
F.Alsop

Postby shaul_eiz » Sat May 20, 2006 12:40 pm

Lucky you. JR is the easiest. Just buy yourself a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm in any radio-shack (or whatever they are called in Britain).
If you insist on creating them yourself - take a look at http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2tx/e ... 2txgb7.htm

Shaul
shaul_eiz

Smartpropo Cable

Postby F.Alsop » Sat May 20, 2006 2:44 pm

Thanks for that Shaul. I assume that it is a mono plug at each end. Also the German site in Olivier2's note suggests that a resistor is connected between signal and screen on the cable. Is this required? The Belgacom site doesn't seem to help.
Crasher38
F.Alsop

Postby phildc » Sat May 20, 2006 3:46 pm

Try first without the resistor. It could work.
The PPM audio "thermometer" can be used to view the signal:

Phil.
phildc

Postby shaul_eiz » Sat May 20, 2006 3:54 pm

In some set-ups, a resistor might help.
Let me elaborate on that: The output from the Tx is not designed to drive a sound card, hence may prove to be too strong. By too strong I mean that the signal will be distorted and SmartPropoPlus will be unable decode it. I never heard of a burnt-down sound card, so why not try first without a resistor.
If you have a good quality sound card and especially if you can use the Line-In socket - I think you can do without the resistor.

I now see that Phil answered you too. I agree with his hint (provided you are using PPM). Phil, how about adding additional modulation types?
shaul_eiz

Return to General Discussions