[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS and SmartPropoPlus.

FMS and SmartPropoPlus.

FMS and SmartPropoPlus.

Postby FlyMe » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:10 am

Hi,
this is my first post and of course I need some help.
I searched the forum before I put my question here.

So, to my problem.
I installed FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.5 and
SmartPropoPlus 2.3.2 (PPM default)
My radio is a really old Futaba (FP-T6FN) with 5-pin din contact.
(Connected to Mic-input)

FMS runs ok and detects SPP but it seems that no signal reaches FMS or SPP.

PPM-Thermometer detects the signal as PPM.
"Signal Analyzer by Philippe De Coninck" detects the signal and I'm able to move servos in it.

My conclusion;
The cable is ok,
My radio outputs PPM.

I tried diffrent signal levels settings.
I tried calibrating the joystick.
Nothing...

I tried to create an "Audio report" from SPP but it can't create output file.
I am system operator.

Please, I need som advise.

Best regards,
FlyMe
FlyMe

Postby shaul_eiz » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:38 pm

You seem to have done just right. Any message why "Audio report" fails? We might start there.

Shaul
shaul_eiz

Postby FlyMe » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:00 pm

When I click "Audio Report ..." under "Advanced" meny I immediatly get a popup;
Title row "SppConsole"
A red X and the text "Cannot Create output file"
And one "OK" button.

Johan[/img]
FlyMe

Postby shaul_eiz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:26 pm

Hi Johan,
For some reason, you have a permission problem.
Here is the train of events that starts when you click of "Audio Report":
1. SPP looks for file AudioStudy.exe in the FMS directory. If it does not find it you get an explicit message: "Cannot start application - error code:2 File AudioStudy.exe is probably missing"
2. You did not get this message. The file is there and OK.
3. AudioStudy is executed, tries to create file AudioStatus.txt on the desktop.
4. If it fails, you get message: "Cannot create output file".
5. Why it cannot create it? For some reason you do not have permission to write to the desktop. Or the file already exists and is read only. These are the reasons that come-up to me now.

Please let me know if it helps.
Best Regards
Shaul
shaul_eiz

Postby FlyMe » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:45 pm

FlyMe

Postby shaul_eiz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:30 pm

shaul_eiz

Postby FlyMe » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:03 pm

FlyMe

Postby shaul_eiz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:01 pm

shaul_eiz

Postby shaul_eiz » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:10 am

Hi Johan,

Let's start by verifying that the audio signal is routed correctly:
Please start FMS+SPP. Now add the thermometer and the Oscilloscope. If the thermometer responds correctly then the routing is OK.
If it does not respond - try to select other inputs until the thermometer responds. The routing info if located in the registry under: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Flying-Model-Simulator\SmartPropoPlus\Audio-Sources - Send to me if you are not sure.

Assuming the thermometer responds - the routing is probably OK. Now we have to verify that the signal quality is good. Take a look at the Oscilloscope. How does the signal look? Too low? Too High. Please send me the picture.

If the PPM signal looks OK, try to un-select the Auto-detect checkbox, and try both Negative and Positive options.
shaul_eiz

Postby FlyMe » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:02 pm

I started the applications in the order you stated.
Thermometer responds, so route should be ok.

About signal quality, here is the picture.

I have tried Auto-detect, manual negative, manual positive, all with different volume settings.

Best regards,
Johan
FlyMe

Postby shaul_eiz » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:36 pm

The signal is perfect. Beautiful 6 channel negative shift PPM!
I'll have to think harder. :?
shaul_eiz

Postby FlyMe » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:01 pm

I noticed one thing that I missed earlier.
On two channels it is possible to make thermometer to lose signal, ie. no red line(s) just a blue.

Are timing problems a thought!? What is SPP capable of handling, timing wise?

Best regards,
Johan
FlyMe

Postby shaul_eiz » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:16 pm

shaul_eiz

Postby FlyMe » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:29 pm

FlyMe

Postby shaul_eiz » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:05 pm

The source is public: .
I'll come up with something tomorrow (It's 10:00 PM here). We'll solve this problem soon I hope.
shaul_eiz

Next

Return to General Discussions