[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Esky TX and Esky USB cable problems- only 2 axis available

Esky TX and Esky USB cable problems- only 2 axis available

Esky TX and Esky USB cable problems- only 2 axis available

Postby simondo » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:08 am

I have a 6 channel CCPM Esky TX with an Esky USB cable (EK2-900A).

When connected to my pc via USB the TX is reconignised as a PPM device in Windows Game Controllers, but with only 2 axis and 3 buttons (Z axis, X rotation, Y rotation and 3 buttons), not a 4 axis, 4 button controller which is required for FMS.

In FMS-Controls-Resourses, the TX is listed as a Microsoft PC joystick driver with 5 channels. Only pitch and throttle on the TX make the bars move.

In FMS-Controls-Mapping/Calibration-Joystick Interface, channel 1 responds to is pitch on the TX , channel 2 responds to throttle on the TX. No other channels respond.

How do you get windows to recognise the Esky TX as a 4 axis controller? Is there a driver required/

I have successfully used the TX on and old PC with an Esky Serial cable.

I am using Win XP Home, SP2 and FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.5.

I have searched all of the FMS forum.

Please help as I would like to use my TX and FMS on my new PC that has no serial port.
simondo

Postby andyj » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:35 pm

I've also just got this cable, and find a similar problem. The issue seems to be that the USB cable simply isn't compatible, since even Windows does not pick up all the channels correctly. They are all wrong, and I believe there are problems with the CCPM mixing that the Tx does - i.e. when you move the throttle, it tells 4 channels to move (motor power and all three cyclic servos).

Can anyone else confirm if they've got this to work, or knows of any other drivers to use?

Andy
andyj

Return to General Discussions