[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - E-Sky CCPM transmitter (ET206A) - discussion

E-Sky CCPM transmitter (ET206A) - discussion

E-Sky CCPM transmitter (ET206A) - discussion

Postby shaul_eiz » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:11 am

If you have this (or a similar) transmitter and you tried to use it for FMS (or any other simulator) you probably found out that it is impractical.
At the request of Mr Juan José Rubio Marín of Spain, and with his extraordinary help, I am now trying to figure out how to solve this problem.
The solution will be implemented for , so those of you who have such a Tx please do not buy the E-Sky USB connector. I tried the EI400B USB Softdog. It does not work.

The problem: This Tx works in CCPM mode only. While in the basic Tx every stick movement (Rudder, Ailerons, Throttle & elevator) is mapped into a single transmission channel (hence the basic 4ch Tx), CCPM mode Tx a single channel does not correspond to single stick movement but rather every stick movement corresponds to a mixture of channels.

The solution: We now need to un-mix the signals. FMS cannot do this. I will implement the un-mixer in SmartPropoPlus. To do this Juan José and me are deciphering the E-Sky CCPM algorithm. Those of you who have already dome it are welcome to correct me.

Algorithm:
Throttle stick - going up from 0% to 100%:
Main channel: Ch3 (Reverse)
Minor channel: Ch1 (Reverse)
Minor channel: Ch2 (Normal)
Note 1: Ch1 = Ch2 when Throttle=0%
Note 2: ∆Ch1=-∆Ch2

Rudder stick - going left to right:
Main channel: Ch4 (Reverse)

Elevator stick - going up from 0% to 100%:
Main channel: Ch2 (Reverse)
Minor channel: Ch1 (Reverse)
Minor channel: Ch6 (Normal)
Note 1: Ch1 = Ch6 when elevator=50%
Note 2: ∆Ch1=-∆Ch6

Aileron stick - going left to right:
Main channels: Ch1(Normal) = Ch6(Normal)

What I now am trying to figure out is the Ch3 to Ch2 function. It seems to be something like:
CH2=a*(1+4/CH3)
where a is the channel mid point.

I will appreciate any comment!
Shaul
shaul_eiz

CCPM mixing

Postby mindbomb » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:22 am

Hi Shaul,

Would you know by any chance if the E-Sky Tx 6ch CCPM mixing (sold with the honeybee CP2, I guess) is identical to the one the E-flite Blade CP/Pro Tx uses?

Would SmartPropoPlus work with it as well?

thanks
mindbomb

Postby shaul_eiz » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:20 pm

I will be happy to know that too.
shaul_eiz

Blade mixing

Postby mindbomb » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:01 pm

As rumours say they come out of the same factory but with different branding - it just might be the same..

Any blade CP/CPP owners out there????
mindbomb

Postby khellrie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:51 pm

Check out . They have cables for the E-Flite/ESky 4-Ch and 6-Ch model transmitters. I just got one for my E-Flite 6-CH CCPM and it works great with FMS 2.0 Beta 7 (the throttle doesnt work with helis in beta 8.5 for some reason).

The cables have chips wired into them that un-mix the CCPM channels. I was a little skeptical at first, but it works! A bit pricey at $40, but you get a pre-made cable and a cd with instructions, calibration util, some flight sims and a bunch of models.
khellrie

Return to General Discussions