[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Identifying my tx

Identifying my tx

Identifying my tx

Postby gazz » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:55 pm

Hello there, a newbie to R/C models that leave the ground here (messed with nitro buggies for years)

Got a cheapie electric helecopter from conrad electronics in germany a month or so ago, one of the RTF jobbies, 4 chanel tranie, 6 chnl rx (2 switched chanels easy to wire in on the tx) 2 micro servo's, peizo gyro, battery pack, charger, and the chopper of course... but you can prolly tell i went for it mainly for the radio gear,
it was actually the most expensive of the small helecopters, but one store had it at 250 euro's, the other had it on offer at 150 euros, so i jumped at it, it was the one i wanted in the first place because it was the only one with a 35 mhz radio, all the small helecopters in germany are on 40 mhz,

Anyway, i thought at first the tx was the jehn hua jobbie, but it's not, the case is similar, but having seen inside a sehn on the web, my tx is different.

also, using it on fms, i use ppjoy, and have it set on the 3rd serial protocol, (FMS PIC 19200 baud (0xff sync) and that's how it works, on the zehn profile the conrtolls jump around all the time.
It connects to fms using a PC-232 output (that's what the printing by the plug on the tx's main pcb says the 6 way cable is, it's a 6 pin mini din connector (mouse/keyboard type) to a 9 pin serial connector.
the serial port powers the tx, i.e no need to turn it on and use the batteries (with the xtal removed of course)

Reason i'm wondering is i want to determin if it's a pcm or ppm output, because i want to use the one xmitter for all my models i get, and i've read that pcm will only work with another rx of the same brand... of which i can't get as the whole lot is branded 'conrad electronics' on the cases, and nothing at all on the pcb's.. both on the tx, rx and speed controller in the chopper,

Guess i should really try to controll another model with a ppm rx on my frequance... but i know no one with a model of any kind, let alone a plane that i can put my xtal in and try, so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas what this controller outputs, and idealy who really makes it, could be conrad them selves, it's simple enough inside, 1 pic, few through the hole capacitors and tuning cans and a few surface mount bits and bobs, pretty easy to make by anyone not least an electronics place like conrads.
is the conrad site page with the chopper on, pic 3 is the remote.

Cheers for any help on this.
gazz

Postby shaul_eiz » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:58 am

As a rule of the thumb, all transmitters are PPM unless explicitly said otherwise.
Yours, looks like one of those E-Sky ones. One of the ways to learn more about it is through its FCC ID (if it has one).
Just go to the and enter the ID. Note that the product code includes the '-' sign.
By the way, it may be a CCPM transmitter.
shaul_eiz

Return to General Discussions