FUTABA Buddy box w/ FMS? What interface? What power supply?

FUTABA Buddy box w/ FMS? What interface? What power supply?

Postby biphfyt » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:25 pm

Hello!
This is my first time to the site. I am a newbie at the entire RC airplane thing. I want to get going w/ FMS so that I don't crash hardcore when I get out to the field. SO I've noticed FMS.
I have read that a Futaba Buddy Box (19.99 + ship. at brucknerhobbies.com) will work with FMS when used with the correct interface... so That poses 2 questions for me.

1. What interface should i use? Does it have to be USB or can the serial port one work? (I've found one for Futaba at <www.epyaya.com/?cPath=21_152> for $10.) Will this one work?

2. Also, even if that interface cable does work, how the heck to I supply the buddy box w/ power?? Does it recieve power from the computer? Do I have to buy some battery or something??

Anyone who could help in answering my questions--thank you in advance!! Please help a newbie trying to learn to fly safe! thanks...

Clayton
biphfyt

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:58 pm

1. Yes the GWS serial i/f should work. A USB interface is just more versatile i.e. it will work with other sims.
2. You will need a battery for the buddy box or you will need to build or buy a power supply to run it. The computer does not provide power to it through the interface. It's probably easiest to buy the transmitter instead of just the buddy box e.g. from Bruckner it would be 34.99 instead of 19.99.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby biphfyt » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:59 pm

STEVE YOU'RE MY HERO!!! Thanks!!
biphfyt

Return to General Discussions