[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Futaba FP-8U Interface

Futaba FP-8U Interface

Futaba FP-8U Interface

Postby Rotosan1980 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:02 pm

hi

I´ve jus downloaed the FMS and I´d like to use my TX futba FP8.
Which interface do I need?

I´ve seen some connections such as:

but nothing about the interfaces.

Is the inerface necessary o not?

I´m a little bit confused

Bye... Gian...
Rotosan1980

Postby shaul_eiz » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:17 pm

Please look up the correct cable in the new site, under cables. If you cannot find it, please tell us which trainer port you have.
shaul_eiz

Postby aeropal » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:30 pm

If your computer has a 9-pin serial port, is one option.
-
aeropal

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:43 pm

If you use Smartpropoplus it is the standard Futaba 6-pin DIN cable you need. It works very well with my FF8 (FP-T8UP).

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Rotosan1980 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:59 pm

ok, I understand :)

Step two: Preparing the cable. I´ve seen that someone use a 10 Kohm resistance between the signal wire and the mass one. It should serve to reduce the high signal:

but in smartpropo site under cable section

the resistance isn´t mentioned....
Maybe the reason is that smartpropo uses a PPM thermometer RC audio?
(under step by step section)

I´m a little bit confused with this resistance between the two wires... Do I have to put it or not?

Thank you very much..

Ciao Gian...
Rotosan1980

Postby shaul_eiz » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:45 pm

There is no one answer to that. Why not just try without a resistor first? If you have a high quality sound card, this will probably be OK.
shaul_eiz

Transmitter hook ups

Postby Art Lane » Tue May 15, 2007 5:40 pm

I to, just downloaded FMS and was hoping to use my GWS transmitter. From what I understand, it's a negative shift, similar to Futaba..
Can anyone out there help me?
what patch cord do I need? And, where do I hook it up on the puter?
Art..
Art Lane

Return to General Discussions