[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Old Futaba Radio - FP-T5FG/K - Can I use it?

Old Futaba Radio - FP-T5FG/K - Can I use it?

Old Futaba Radio - FP-T5FG/K - Can I use it?

Postby bob95065 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:12 pm

I have an old Futaba FP-T5FG/K that I would like to adapt for use with FMS. I have about given up on my Airtronics RD600.

The Futaba radio doesn't have the crystal module and really isn't good for anything. It is perfect for a flight simulator. Can I use it for this application/

The Futaba Radio has a trainer jack that is a 5 pin DIN type. I found this web site: http://www.customelectronics.co.uk/fmstx.htm It has a diagram for old Futaba that is the same connector that I have.

I opened the radio and looked at the wires. Here are the color/pin assignments:

1=brown
2=black
3=orange
4=yellow
5=red

The Airtronics radio uses the red wire for signal. The diagram tells me to wire pin 1 for signal which is the brown wire on the radio. I don't want to short the transmitter out.

Also the battery is dead and I don't have a charger. Does anyone know hat power requirements the transmitter has? I want to get a power supply taht I will wire through the DIN connector. I'll rewire the radio side of the connector to take poer to the power input of the transmitter.

TIA,

Bob
bob95065

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:31 pm

Bob

I see no reason why you cannot use your Futaba Tx. The Xtal & Battery are not required. I run my Futaba Skysport 6A via a 6 pin Din (5 actually) and used the MIC input on my PC. The Voltage for a Tx battery is 9.6 V but you can get Futaba chargers & batteries off ebay for buttons. Use the SmartPropo Plus Software. My system ran first time. See also www.colinusher.info Model Aircraft section & Flight Simulation.

Robin Hood
Robin Hood

Return to General Discussions