[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Futaba 6ex problems.... previous Ok pls Help.

Futaba 6ex problems.... previous Ok pls Help.

Futaba 6ex problems.... previous Ok pls Help.

Postby andyj007 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:08 pm

Windows XP, latest FMS
Had previous transmitter connected through mic in port... no problems..
new transmitter 6ex connected with GWS USB to buddy on transmitter. Having no luck whatsoever to calibrate.. Goinf mad trying..
have deleted smartpro and FMS and reinstalled FMS. I have tested radio inpuit on computer and its getting all signals.
On joystic resources in FMS it says Joystic 1 active axes 6 (previous radio was four channel) but it calls it smart propo plus (though id deleted this)

Any other suggestions??????

andy
thanks in advance
andyj007

tried it on reality craft sim and worked

Postby andyj007 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:20 pm

Hmmn, downloaded free reality craft sim demo, and it works first time...

now im confused!...
andyj007

Postby shaul_eiz » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:34 am

If you see that FMS joystick is SmartPropoPlus then FMS loads the Winmm.dll file that was provided by SPP rather than the original XP file.
In practically all cases (on XP), FMS loads the first Winmm.dll file it finds. First it looks in its home folder, usually it is C:\Program Files\FMS, then in the system folder C:\WINDOWS\system32
This means that you did not remove the SPP files from the FMS folder.

As for the fact that another simulator works fine: As I mentioned, the SPP files are all located in the FMS folder hence having no effect over any other application. You can even install two instances of FMS in two separate folders - one with SPP the other without.

Hope this clears things
Shaul
shaul_eiz

Problem Solved! THANK YOU Shaul!!

Postby andyj007 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:56 am

Thanks Shaul your were quite correct.. it appears when i was running my old transmitter via the soundcard and SPP this generates a Winmm.dll file within the FMS folder.. When i got my new transmitter and connected it via buddy out (sqaure output on back) to USB on computer i couldnot calibrate the new controller. I removing the programme via windows programme remover and reloading the software.. all looked good apart from i still could not calibrate my new radio. This little Winmm.dll file it appears was staying in the folder and when i reloaded a new copy of FMS it was still using this file. Using Shauls advice i deleted software, then went to the folder where FMS was,,, C-Programe files-FMS and deleted anything left... reloaded and everything now works peachy..
Brilliant...

thanks again shaul.

kind regards

Andy
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
andyj007

oh yeah my cable was a cheapy GWS job

Postby andyj007 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:00 am

oh yeah my cable was a cheapy GWS job cost me ten pounds, needed no additional drivers and im running latest FMS on XP.

TA
andyj007

Return to General Discussions