[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Can't get my JR 8103 to work with Trainer cord. Loaded SPP

Can't get my JR 8103 to work with Trainer cord. Loaded SPP

Can't get my JR 8103 to work with Trainer cord. Loaded SPP

Postby Speed Freak » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:53 pm

I have loaded SPP and all the filters show movement. I can hear sound through my speakers when I move the sticks around. FMS shows full blue lines in the control menu and they will not move. I have tried shifting the mod type and the pol. from ned to positive and added filters. PLEASE HELP! LOL
Thanks,
Guy
Speed Freak

Postby shaul_eiz » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:52 am

I'm not sure the problem description is totally clear, though the bottom line - SPP is not working - is clear enough.
First of all, what do you mean by "all the filters show movement" - do mean the 'blue' bars?

Then, this 'control menu' - do you mean this:

or maybe this:
Now, your transmitter is either PPM (JR call it FM) or PCM (JR type). No point in looking elsewhere. No need to play with the polarity and you certainly don't need filters.
So now, please explain what exactly is happening and I will try to see what can be done.
shaul_eiz

Postby Speed Freak » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:13 pm

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!

I am getting exactly what you posted in the pictures. I am geting good results from the Winscope and the RCAudio meters. When I open FMS and go to the Control tab I see the blue bars but they will not move. I have the SPP set on PPM (Generic) I have tried Positive and negative shift. I also Tried to switch to JR (PCM) but I had the same result.

Thanks again for the help.
Guy
Speed Freak

Postby shaul_eiz » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:00 pm

If the RCaudio responds correctly then you have a PPM transmitter. However, RCaudio is more promiscuous regarding the quality of the audio signal.
Your audio signal should look more or less like this:
And certainly not like this one:
If the signal is good then we know the cable & the transmitter are OK.
The next thing to suspect is the the routing of the audio signal. Make sure you can still see the signal on the oscilloscope when SPP is up and running. If you cannot then you must have selected an incorrect audio source.

Now, to some basic things that I might have started with:
1. Can you see the SPP version in the joystick window as seen in my previous message?
2. Do you use SPP for FMS or the generic version?
3. Can you see the 'Filters' menu in SPPconsole?

Accurate replies are a must.
shaul_eiz

Postby Speed Freak » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:58 pm

The oscilloscope does not look exactly like your example. Yours looks to have a line at the bottom that goes straight up, right then back down. Mine seems to start from the top and the line goes down over and back up. Almost upside down from what yours is showing.

1. Yes It shows SPP 3.3.4
2. SPP for FMS
3. I see the filters menu only if I start SPP before starting FMS. If I start FMS and let SPP start automaticly the filter menu doesn't show up.
Speed Freak

Postby shaul_eiz » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:36 am

shaul_eiz

Postby Speed Freak » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:51 pm

Speed Freak

Postby shaul_eiz » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:17 pm

shaul_eiz

Postby Speed Freak » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:25 pm

Speed Freak

Return to General Discussions