MODELCRAFT USB - Solution?

MODELCRAFT USB - Solution?

Postby Undurk » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:19 pm

I bought a 4-channel MODELCRAFT remote control on flea market (toghether with a cable for training --> both sides seems like USB) to try. It was said, that I can start with FSM immediately. I tried to start, but some mysterious messages were to read (Windows XP).
My question: Is ist possible to use such a remote control, without further hardware, for FSM?
If it is not possible, which possibilities I have to use this remote control with FSM? If a further cable is necessary, where can I catch this?
Thank you!
Undurk

Postby matthias-breuer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:47 pm

I got the eight channel version of the Modelcraft RC with an USB connector for the training cable. There are the following signals and voltages at this connection:
1 - red cable - Supply voltage out
2 - white cable - PPM signal (5V level) out
3 - green cable - PPM signal in
4 - black cable - Supply Voltage (8.5 - 12 V) in
- - shielding of USB cable - Ground
the training cable is a cable with lines 1 - 4 and 2 - 3 crossed, so you don't need a power supply (nor hf module) for the students remote control
Connecting the RC to the sound card you should limit the PPM signal to about 0.5 V using a 5k6 Ohm resistor connected to the wihte cable, a 620 Ohm resistor connected to the cable shielding and both resistors connected to the 3.5 mm audio plug. The audio plugs ground is connected to the cable shield. You can support the remote control with power connecting the black cable to a 8.5 - 12 V power supply and using the cable shielding as ground.

Matthias

matthias-breuer

Re: MODELCRAFT USB - Solution?

Postby sashasuman » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:48 am

im new to fms and im having trouble with some of the planes like gliders and some of the downloaded planes they wont fly i throttle all the way up and nothing happeneds also some of the planes seem to be at full throttle when i load them. but they wont take off i throttle up and nothing happeneds with these planes either. how do i fly these?
faari
sashasuman

Re: MODELCRAFT USB - Solution?

Postby ggunners » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:19 pm

It sounds like you have installed FMS beta 7 which will not fly FMS alpha 8 models.

You need to save your model folder, uninstall beta 7 and install FMS alpha 8.5.

You should then be able to fly all FMS models.

-- Happy Flying, ggunners
ggunners

Return to General Discussions