[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Can't copy FMS to a CD..

Can't copy FMS to a CD..

Can't copy FMS to a CD..

Postby Swanjoe » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi anyone..
I have been using FMS for sometime now! I love it. Its been a great help, even tho it is not a real high end Simulator. I understand that it can be copied and given to someone else as long as I don't charge $ for it for commercial purposes. That is not my intentions at all. I met a fella the other day that is really interested in RC flying. I suggested he start with a good simulator for starters. He has a puter and is on the internet, but very seldom uses it, and uses a I-Pod to read most stuff from the internet related to his business. I'm not a real puter GURU myself, but do have a CD burner and use it once in a while. I attempted to burn a copy of My FMS to a Cd to give to him to install in his puter. But when I attempt to burn My FMS folder to the CD, I get a message that says its copy writed and cannot be copied. It states in the FMS text files that it can be used for that purpose. Can anyone give me any help or advice ?. I could go over to his house and see if I can download FMS on his computer from the FMS site, if needed.

Thanks for any Help, or advice.
Thanks ALL!
SwanJoe... Calif, in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada, calling for snow tonite. So, no flying for me tomorrow :(
I may not the best at what I do.. but if I try my best, I won't be the Worse!!!
Swanjoe

Re: Can't copy FMS to a CD..

Postby KEW » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:13 pm

Hi Swanjoe,

There is an easy way to copy FMS to a CD:
Go to the FMS Download section. Click on the latest version and when it asks if you want to run or save it, select the save option. This will download the fms2alpha_83.exe file into the directory of your choice. When that is complete, save the .exe file to your CD as a data file. All your friend has to do then is put the CD in his drive and run the fms2alpha_83.exe file. This will install FMS on his computer.

Good luck,

KEW
KEW

Re: Can't copy FMS to a CD..

Postby Swanjoe » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:42 pm

Hey KEW
Thanks for the info ole Buddy. WIll Do! Since I don't dabble with the puter too much, I thought I could do it that way! I was sure I would have to burn the whole folder. But , it the .exe will do it , I will give it a try..

Again, Thanks A MIL..
SwaneyJ
I may not the best at what I do.. but if I try my best, I won't be the Worse!!!
Swanjoe

Return to General Discussions