FSM with Twister Controller

FSM with Twister Controller

Postby Air1 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:40 pm

My son has a Twister Coast Guard heli from Hobby-Lobby. The manual says the controller is compatible with free FSM Simulator software. The USB cable was included with the controller. I downloaded the FSM software and it works fine with the keyboard control. I plugged the controller into a USB port on the computer and it was recognized as ready to go. I could not get the controller to do anything at all with the FSM software. The aircraft and none of the blue bars respond.

What format do I select under the Controls menu? Analog I assume, but then there are several choices. I've tried every combination with no success. I am assuming the controller needs to be powered ON.

This is not very intuitive for us. Can anyone point me to full instructions to get this running? Thanks.
Air1

Re: FSM with Twister Controller

Postby ggunners » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:10 am

Hi Air1, I have seen your posts on other forums too.

Thank you for visiting here.

First you need to calibrate your controller in Windows Control Panel.
Once it is calibrated there, we move to calibrating in FMS.

Choose, [Controls] [Analog Control] [Joystick] Then click [Mapping/Calibration].

In this window you will do two things, first you will assign your controller channels to FMS model channels.
In the US the left stick up/down is throttle, right/left is rudder, the right stick up/down is elevator, right/left is aileron.
Watch the blue bars and assign the correct stick to the right channel. While you're at it copy the same sequence of
numbers in boxes for helicopters. The INV box inverts the control in case it works backward and the EXP makes
the ailerons and rudder easier to control. I personally use EXP for both.

Once you have assigned the channels, then calibrate the controller by clicking the button and following directions.

I hope the sequence helps.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Re: FSM with Twister Controller

Postby Air1 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:47 pm

Many thanks GGunner. That was exactly what we needed. I appreciate your quick response.

Best regards!
Air1

Return to General Discussions