[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS and Robbe Futaba F14

FMS and Robbe Futaba F14

FMS and Robbe Futaba F14

Postby Charal » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi,
I'm new in modell flying. So I want to reduce the risk, to delete my modells the first time I use it. I read in the internet, that FMS is a very useful Freeware for training without risk. But - how can I connect my Robbe Futaba F14 with my pc, to use it for training with FMS. I have no teacher connector at my controller F14, but I'm able to put together some electronic parts.
I will be happy for your help.
Greetings
M.
Charal

Re: FMS and Robbe Futaba F14

Postby KEW » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:39 am

The Futaba F14 transmitter is a complex computerized system. If you have access to a schematic diagram you may be able to identify the location of where the modulating signal connects to the RF module but you will have no idea whether tapping into the signal at this point will damage the transmitter (I AM an Electronics Engineer but I will not volunteer to help you to ruin your equipment).

I recommend that you buy a used 4-channel transmitter to use just with the computer. If you contact your local R/C Flying club, I am sure one of the members will have an old one that he no longer uses.

Good luck.

KEW
KEW

Postby phildc » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:57 am

Hello,

Have a look at the Futaba page of Olivier's TX2TX site:

That's the 'place to be' for all buddy box and simulator connections.

Phil.
phildc

Postby phildc » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:59 am

Here the digram that you will get,

The blue wires are only for a 'master' when training with a buddy box. With FMS, you need to be a 'slave' and take the PPM signal and ground on the board connector (refer to the text of the TX2TX site) and install your own external jack.

Refer to the TX2TX site text.

Phil.
phildc

Return to General Discussions