HELP FMS and Windows 7 and SKYARTEC SKY-705

HELP FMS and Windows 7 and SKYARTEC SKY-705

Postby texbox » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:53 am

:( Hi ALL, am tearing my hair out! I can't get the SKYARTEC 705 to connect to my computer and the FMS display is all fuzzy and there is no connection at all with the SKY-705!! What am I doing wrong? I have gone through all the procedure according to the manual.
That is using the .dll add on and going through all the calibration set up , I can't even get any reaction from the controls
A plane appears then takes off without any control and disappears into the sky (the screen ha ha).
It all came with a package deal SKYARTEC Cessna 182 (also which I can't find on the FMS prog nearest is the single wing aircraft the TU ?? .
Any help would be appreciated. :cry:
texbox

Re: HELP FMS and Windows 7 and SKYARTEC SKY-705

Postby sniper » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:01 am

Hi, I am having the same problem, not the fuzzy bit though.
running win98se.
The controls work through the keyboard when set as interface.

I can go into control panel and game controllers and plug the usb in it comes up as VK-U controller but it doesnt work at all for some reason.

The computer knows there is a controller plugged in but I an unable to calibrate it, its like its not there.

Something is missing but not sure what.

Any help would be appreciated Thank you
sniper

Postby texbox » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:12 pm

YES you are right! Thats exactly what is happening to me, also if I use the Key Board entry it works with my computer keyboard.
By the way I loaded the program onto another computer with XP on it.
STILL THE BLOODY SAME , NO INTERACTION BETWEEN THE sky-705 AND THE COMPUTER ONLY WITH THE COMPUTER KEYBOARD! But the screen is nice and clear.
How frustrating this is, I guess we have to go out and buy a $190 simulator?? Seems ridiculous when I only paid $190 for the whole package that is : plane,motor,controller,servos,receiver etc.
regards,
Alex :? [color=#0000FF][/color]
texbox

Postby ggunners » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:02 pm

If you do not see your controller using Windows Control panel for game controllers, FMS will not see it either. So, make sure it shows up there first and you can calibrate it. If not, you either need a driver for your operating system or some other fix. In WinXP, you need to assign the FMS controller of choice as the preferred device to have FMS use it. It's under an advanced tab in Game Controllers under Control Panel. -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby hendryc » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi Skyart Users,

To expand on ggunners reply above with Skyart specifics... and in this order

1. Connect TX (no batteries required or just switched OFF) to working USB port on PC
- you know its working if a RED LED lights up on the TX.

2. Run "C:\Program Files\FMS\RC\SKY705 V2.1.exe" (assuming you installed to default location)
WHY? Your PC can't 'understand' any TX and therefore can't pass on your stick movements to FMS later.

In the SKY705 Remote control Set Vx.x window you will find 9 buttons at the top of the window -
starting with [Open]... the last being [Exit]. RTFM for details on their functionality.
The IMPORTANT one for the moment is button 5 [Open G/FMS] It connects your TX to the PC
- when you click you should see a momentary flash from the first GREEN LED on the TX
- now your PC can hear the TX via the software.

3. TO CONFIRM ALL OK UP TILL NOW: Open Windows / Control Panel / Game Controllers and you should see a new Controller called "VK-U" with status OK - thats your TX.

IMPORTANT: If you have use/d other game controllers in the past click [Advanced] and select this controller as you Preferred Device and [OK].

MORE IMPORTANT: Click [Properties] - You SHOULD see movement on the RED BARS and BUTTONS and POV hat indicating TX communication between TX and Windows, even before you move your TX Joysticks, (but move them all anyway). If not, shut it all down and start again!

If all OK so far - remember this window - you MAY need to Calibrate your TX in the settings tab if you have issues (latter) in FMS.

NOTE 1. Points 1 - 3 above will be applicable if using the SKY705 TX with any compatible simulator.
NOTE 2. If it still does not work you have hardware failure or you did NOT execute Points 1 - 3 above accurately.

4. Run "C:\Program Files\FMS\FMS.exe" (assuming you installed to default location) This should give you a Flight Model Simulator window on the screen. Assuming no Sound or Graphics issues (refer to other comprehensive posts herein for simple solutions/workarounds)
- click on Menu item [Controls] [Analog Control] and select Joystick Interface from the list, then click [Ressources] - you should see BLUE BAR movement on Joystick 1 when you move your TX Joysticks. [OK]
- click [Mapping / Calibration]
- input Channel assignment at left (two lots of 4) ONLY as/if required - (RTF Skyartec Manual for details)
and finally - Click [Calibrate] button and follow the instructions.

Your Done - Only thing left is to download lots of extra models and enjoy the sim.
HendryC - SKYARTEC Cessna 182 RTF Kit
hendryc

Postby ggunners » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Nice job hendryc! -- ggunners
ggunners

Postby DavidBremner » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:22 pm

I've got Windows XP SP3.
I've followed the steps above.
Step 1. I get the red light, and Windows recognises the controller.
Step 2. I don't get the green light, and the Status at the bottom of the SKY705 software is 'Write Failed', and there's generally no response on the PC - either Windows or the Sky705 software - to Tx inputs.
On just one occasion I did get a random output on the PC from control inputs on the TX, so I thought it might be loose connections, but I've been unable to trace any in the cables, though they are sealed and it's hard to be sure.

Any ideas?
DavidBremner

Postby pemba » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:29 am

Hi, I have same problem, just red light in TX, no any connection, read fail to read the master/standard/student selection to the serial number.
pemba

Postby Jassika2012 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:23 am

Hi,
Perhaps there is indeed a working version of FMS for Windows 7 (cannot say anything regarding vista as I have not tested it) that I found a while ago. I believe I found the link to this via the FMS forums but I cannot remember. The file is large due to having a massive number of models included.
Jassika2012

Postby jack2smith1988 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Just received a Wasp V3 7CH helicopter and SKY705 controller from Skyartec. I can control the helicopter with the transmitter however it is not so easy to get my computer to register its movements. I followed their (confusing) instructions for installing the SKY705 V5.1 and FMS software (really V2.1 but it shows V5.1 on the windows start bar). I am running Windows XP Service Pack 3 with E8400 CPU. Firstly, I just want to be able to practice with FMS but the transmitter is definitely not just "Connect and Go". Connecting the USB cable results in the successful connection sound in Windows. Do I need to turn the transmitter on or leave it off with just one red light on the voltage indicator? Windows registers a "VK-U" under game controllers but no movement in the axes or buttons at all. Under device manager it shows as a human interface device "HID-compliant game controller". The patch provided with FMS on the CD "CH341SER.EXE" is confusing to say the least. I placed it in the same directory (by the way this needs to be a C: drive) and installed the files to "C:\WCH.CN". I ran setup.exe and it did the same thing as the "CH341SER.EXE" file, ie. a popup box states "driver install success. Please plug the device" (with messed up characters after it because I don't have a chinese font). I tried manually installing CH341SER.INF (right click then install) but the transmitter is still not able to be calibrated or recognised by FMS.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
jack2smith1988

Postby ggunners » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Make sure this is the preferred controller in WIndows Control Panel, Game Controllers, Advanced.

If it is, Windows is OK with it, try calibrating it in Windows. If it works there, it should work in FMS.

In FMS, choose, Controls, Analog Control, Joystick and make your channel selections and calibrations as appropriate for your controller.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to General Discussions