Graphics

Graphics

Postby Petruchio » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:24 pm

FMS appears to be running and the model responds to keyboard controls but the graphics are not functioning properly. The model is linked to the horizon by a bar of colour and only half the triangles are painting in the background. I am on Windows XP with an nvidia 512 Mb graphics card. Direct X and graphics card drivers are up to date. I have tried Alpha 8.5 and Beta 7 versions, result is the same. Any ideas? I am keen to make it work as it is obviously just what I need.
Petruchio

Re: Graphics

Postby ggunners » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:02 pm

I have WinXP SP3 with a 256M Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS. FMS works fine with the 6.14.0011.8618 (English) driver dated 6/10/2009. Make sure you are running a Microsoft certified driver. Also, tray clicking the box to wait for vertical blanking under the Graphics options. -- gggunners
ggunners

Postby Petruchio » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks for your reply. Driver is the latest and MS certified. I cant find vertical blanking, the only headings on the graphics pull down menu are fog textures and 16/32 bit colour. I am running MSFS X at high graphics settings without trouble. Any more ideas?
Petruchio

Postby ggunners » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:10 am

Hmmm... beta7? I'm talking alpha 8.5. Here's the menu under the Graphics tab. FMS is old. If you have a graphics compatibility setting for your graphics card or can setup an FMS specific option with advanced features turned off, it might work better. Just guessing here.

Graphics
|_Fog
|_Textures
|_Smooth Textures
|_Options
|_Color
( ) 16 bit
( ) 32 bit
|_Hardware
[ ] Wait for vertical blank
[ ] Flip back buffer
|_Textures
[ ] Mipmapping
|_Shadows
[ ] True alpha

If none of that works, you might try RC Desk Pilot although some folks have graphics issues with that too.

Personally, I would keep plugging. FMS has some awesome models that have accumulated over the years.

But if you need to bail, I understand.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Petruchio » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Many thanks for your patience. Tried 8.5 without success but Desk Pilot works fine and they both work perfectly on the notebook so the problem is definitely in the desktop. I will keep plugging as I do not like to be defeated, maybe a change of graphics card, I was thinking of buying another.
Petruchio

Return to General Discussions