[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - RC-PC interface for FMS - Buddy port - Joystick interface

RC-PC interface for FMS - Buddy port - Joystick interface

Postby adrianh » Wed Mar 07, 2001 6:30 am

Hi,

Let me explain more about the interface that I build. YES IT WILL WORK WITH FMS. The interface connects the buddy port of your radio to the joystick port of your PC. Effectively you have 4 axis and 2 buttons. The interface is calibrated to your radio servo travel end points and then the PC joystick is calibrated to the interface.

The interface is tailor made per radio manufacturer i.e. a JR interface will not work on an Airtronics radio etc. The reason for this is that the buddy port pin-outs and voltages are different between different manufacturers. Also the pulse stream ordering is different.

We use the interface successfully with MS 95,98, 2000 and Realflight. The beauty of this interface is the fact that you are not limited to using a particular simulator. The reason I say this is that CSM has a proprietary parallel port interface, FMS also has a parallel port interface, RC AeroChopper has a serial port interface and Realflight also has a parallel port interface. The original interface of any of these products will not work with any other software.

With my interface you can even play Tomb Raider on the PC with your radio because the interface emulates a standard pair of joysticks.

You can find out more about the interface at [url=http://www.hillcraft.co.za.

I]http://www.hillcraft.co.za.

I[/url] am looking for a US distributor for the interface. I am sure that it would be much more cost effective to send say 10 or 20 interfaces to a central point in the US and then for that person to distribute them further. Of course the person doing this distribution would profit from this enterprise.

The current US price is $ 70 and the postage depends on carrier. I will investigate the cost of postage further, I think that the postage should be between $ 4 and $ 10.

Regards
Adrian Hill
Cape Town (GMT+2) South Africa
Office Hours Tel +27 (0)21 917-2756 Fax +27 (0)21 917-2729
After Hours Tel +27 (0)21 591-3038 Fax +27 (0)21 591-3038
Mobile +27 (0)82 378 6549

I did not make 10 000 mistakes, I found 10 000 ways that do not work.
Thomas Edison
Regards Adrian Hill[br]Cape Town South Africa[br]
adrianh

Return to General Discussions