[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Robbe Futaba FX18 - Problems connecting using SmartPropo

Robbe Futaba FX18 - Problems connecting using SmartPropo

Postby Acutz » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:35 am

Hi everybody,
I'm trying for 2 days now to connect my new FX18 radio to Windows 2000-FMS using the SnartPropo and PPJoy without success.
Facts:
Hardware FX18 and Cables:
1. FX18 is a Robbe Futaba radio with PPM/PCM modulation but it has a 2.5mm trainer socket (not like Futaba DIN socket, rather similar with JR if I understood well).
2.I use the Robbe original simulator cable (2.5mm jack for trainer socket on one end and a 3.5mm socket -female jack connector at the other end) and a stereo cable to connect to my laptop mic-in input (I don't have Line-in on my laptop's sound card)
3. Firstly, I checked the signal with the computer software oscilloscope. The oscilloscope shows me a signal quite strange in my opinion, but since I'm not an electronist, I can't express an expert opinion. Anyhow, the signal seems to be modulated, but it doesn't change the shape when I move the sticks. I tried both the PPM and PCM modes, with and without MIC boost settings, at different volume adjustments for the MIC. The shape changes, its amplitude is different, the noise is different for various settings, so I suspected the things would go well.
BUT....
1.The FMS did not work with SmartPropo Technology Preview 1-the winmem.dll copied in the FMS installation directory returned me an error (the documented one) so I quickly gave up
2. I installed the SmartPropo WDM TechPreview 2 without any problem. The FMS had recognised the Joystick1, but in the calibration phase I was unable to do anything since not any stick movement was available. Nothing!
3. I tried forward with the PPjoy installation. Clean installation, everything worked well but in the mapping/calibration the same negative result. Nothing on stick movement, from time to time the 7th and 8th axis changed the bar status form Max to Min but in an uncontrolled manner, for the other the mid position unchanged.
4. I used the Futaba PPM and Futaba PCM but the same negative result for PPM and PCM radio modulation respectively.
FINAL:
I added the full story in the mail for all of you to have an overview what I did try and (maybe) what I didn't. Or I did it wrong!
Anybody with an idea what to do next? ...maybe some explanation why I have a signal on the MIC input but seems to be not a proper one (the signal not changing the shape at stick movement-suppose it should).
Thank having the patience to read it...
Acutz

Return to General Discussions