[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - E SKY - Cannot calibrate/operate

E SKY - Cannot calibrate/operate

Postby boognish81 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:02 am

I just got the E-SKY controller off of ebay with FMS, and i noticed that the back of the controller has what looks like a battery door, but i cant take it off, and i noticed that there is a charging hole, but there is nothing to plug into. I only have a laptop computer and so i got a serial to USB adapter, and i have Windows XP im having trouble getting the controller to adapt to the computer, is there any drivers i need to download for this problem. I have gone through the instructions and when it comes to calibrating the controller there is nothing happening!! If anyone has any info, it would be greatly apperictiated here, i want to learn on the comp before i crash my parkzone cub. Thanks again Jason D
boognish81

Yep

Postby fasteddie » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:07 am

I'm having the same problem, can someone help
fasteddie

Postby boognish81 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:12 am

boognish81

connection trouble

Postby adwb » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:31 pm

can you tell me is the usb/serial connector recognised by your pc?
To find out follow thes steps, go to start-settings- control panel-performance and maint( or system depending on your view settings) -hardware-device manager-
once you have this manager screen open look down the list for PORTS and left click on the plus sign this will then tell you what usb port number you have pluged into, ( you do have the controller pluged in don't you??) now make a note of that port number and which port you have the cable in so it's the same next time.

now in the simulator software open the control tab-resources and set the port to the nymber you made a note of above, set the baud rate to 9600 and click ok, now try the mapping as in the instructions that came with the
control and software.
hope this helps
regards
adwb :D
adwb
adwb

Postby GHTU » Wed May 17, 2006 8:11 pm

GHTU

Postby ukuser » Tue May 23, 2006 8:26 pm

Works fine for me - actually really well but not £100 simulator well.

Calibration is done through the control menu.

By default functions are wrong with E-Sky - you'll find that aileron is rudder and throttle is elevator etc etc, so channels need to be tuned.
ukuser

Postby Rolo » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:42 pm

If the calibration isn't working it is usually because the computer is not picking up the controller via tha USB port. This occasionally happens on my computer not only with FMS but also with my external modem which also uses a USB port. This is fairly rare with my modem but was occurring regularly with the Esky controller. It now seems to have settled down.

My solution is to remove the USB plug and replace it back in the socket with the computer switched on. If you have your speakers switched on you should hear a tone as the computer picks up the connection. If that doesn't work then try restarting the computer with the USB plugged in...that may kick start it.

In the UK the most common transmitter mode is mode 2. That is with the motor on the left stick (channel 3) and the elevator on the right stick (channel 2). Usually if you are flying a plane with just rudder and elevator the rudder also goes on the right stick (channel 1).

If you are flying a plane with ailerons then I understand that the ailerons take the place of the rudder on the right stick (channel 1) and the rudder goes on the left stick (channel 4). This is because you mostly use the ailerons for turning if the plane has them and use the rudder on the ground...hence, in flight, up and down and left and right are always on the right hand stick, if that makes sense. Some people who are into serious aerobatics use various stick configurations to suit themselves and their style of flying.

With FMS there is no real way of knowing if the plane you are about to fly has ailerons or just rudder, apart from common sense, because the images don't have moving surfaces. I therefore keep the rudder on the right stick and the ailerons on the left since in reality my model just has rudder and elevator. On the simulator I quickly realise the rudder isn't turning it and then just use the ailerons on the left stick, which I don't have a problem with, but I would probably change it over if I ever get a real model with ailerons.

So...on the simulator I use:-

channel 1... rudder
channel 2...elevator
channel 3...motor
channel 4...ailerons

...and they all have to be inverted (reversed) for use with Esky.

The other channels on the calibration are for helicopters and I set those up on exactly the same channels as the planes and they seem to work fine for helicopters.
Rolo

Return to General Discussions