[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Using TX without Battery

Using TX without Battery

Postby ROCKYJS » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:30 am

I am using a Hitec USB interface with an old Futaba 4ch TX. It works perfect. Is there a simple bypass that can be made to the tx, so I won't have to use the TX batteries? I've got several young pilots that are interested in R/C and we are being limited by the battery. Possibly using an external power supply??

Thanks

PS FMS is a great simulator
ROCKYJS

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:32 am

If you have a suitable regulated power supply (9.5-10V) you can connect it to Pin1 on the plug that goes into the Tx. That will power it.

Or of course you could simply plug the power supply in replacing the battery.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby phildc » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:24 am

Other approach: Removing the quartz or HF module will greatly reduce the power consumption of the transmitter.

Phil.
phildc

Postby ROCKYJS » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:07 am

Thanks for the info. I have the crystal removed, and the TX works for a good while. I am not going to use this TX anymore so I am able to make any modification necessary to use this for simulator use only. I imagine I will need to add a voltage regulator to the charger if I use that as a power supply to pin 1.
ROCKYJS

Return to General Discussions