[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Airtronics interface - Looking for an airtronics interface circuit

Airtronics interface - Looking for an airtronics interface circuit

Postby mandobassman » Thu Sep 27, 2001 3:36 am

I have an Airtronics SR Series AM transmitter with a buddy jack. Is it possible to interface this transmitter with my PC?
Ken
mandobassman

Postby Greg Montgomery » Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:34 pm

Did you find a plan or way to make an AirTronics Connector?

Thanks,

Greg
Greg Montgomery

Postby mandobassman » Thu Oct 18, 2001 6:26 am

Sorry for the delay in responding. No I have not a plan. I have tried a couple different circuits with no luck. I'm keeping my eyes open for a cheap 4 channel transmitter (dead or alive) that I can convert to a dual analog controller. You can find plans (or a link to) for this elsewhere in this forum.
Ken
mandobassman

Postby mandobassman » Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:24 am

Ok, I see nobody seems to know if a circuit is available for an Airtronics AM radio. I found a package on E-Bay advertising an interface for older Airtronics AM radios so I know it is possible. I really don't want to spend the money if I can help it. Please help - anybody!
Ken
mandobassman

Postby johnhlong » Tue Mar 19, 2002 2:39 pm

Your transmitter should work. The first question is what operating system are you using?

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby mandobassman » Fri Mar 22, 2002 4:41 am

>Your transmitter should work. The first question is what operating system are you using?

Hi John,
I am using Windows 98. I tried a couple of different circuits that I found on the net, both parallel and serial but with no luck. I just picked up a Futaba 6 channel TX at the local thrift store for $10.00 with the thought that I might swap out the pots in it and make a dual joystick controller but I don't want to do that until I know whether the TX functions or not. I'm also not sure if my joystick port will support dual joysticks (there is only 1 port). It is missing the antenna but I'm sure a replacement is available. It is a pretty old unit (I'm guessing 15 years or older) so I suspect that it too is an AM unit. Model #FP-T6FN, Serial #7130061, 72.400 MHz. It has a buddy jack in front at the bottom right corner, 5 pin. Can you help with a circuit for either of these units? ???
Ken
mandobassman

Postby Mike Roberts » Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:16 pm

Ken
You should be able to interface to the 5pin plug. It will either be a 180° format or 240° with 6th pin in the centre. See my website for a circuit for the IRQ interface and transmitter connection details (RC Projects>Flying Model Interface). Don't worry about the output stage. Leave the crystal out to conserve batteries and avoid overheating with aerial down.

Mike :D

web:
Mike Roberts

Postby johnhlong » Sun Mar 24, 2002 9:55 pm

There are some of us out here using the Futaba FP-?NK series as trainer boxes with FMS.

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby johnhlong » Sun Mar 24, 2002 9:58 pm

A first step would be to see if the transmitter is outputting from the buddy (trainer) socket. There is a program (TXINT) that can be used to test it.

I can E-Mail it to you if you can't find it.

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby mandobassman » Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:08 am

:p Thanks guy's for responding. It looks like maybe I can use one of my TX's with FMS after all.

John,
I did a quick search for TXINT with no luck so if you could e-mail it to me it would be greatly appreciated. I am really beginning to wonder if the jack is at fault, I am also questioning my pinout diagrams. As I look at the jack on the front of my Airtronics from left going clockwise should the pinout read 1 4 2 5 3 or am I reading it backwards? Would this be the same for my Futaba too?

Mike,
I like the looks of your interface. It is very similar to one I've already tried except that mine was very crude compared to the sanitary construction of your unit. I also am not sure I was using the correct pinout for my TX (see reply to John above). It would be nice if had some documentation for my radios but alas I am too cheap and purchased all my equipment used :D.

Thanks again for all your help. One last question - is there a difference in the signal from the buddy jack between AM and FM units?
Ken
mandobassman

Postby mandobassman » Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:51 am

This is really getting frustrating. I get a couple responses saying it will work then nothing. John long says he'll e-mail me a program to test my buddy port but I haven't heard anything from him in over a week.
John, my e-mail address is mandobassman@hotmail.com, please respond. I have tried both serial and parallel circuits as outlined in the FMS manual on both Airtronics and Futaba 5 pin buddy jacks and get no signal every time. What do I have to do to get accurate detailed instructions on how to make these interfaces work?
Ken
mandobassman

Postby mandobassman » Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:53 am

This is really getting frustrating. I get a couple responses saying it will work then nothing. John long says he'll e-mail me a program to test my buddy port but I haven't heard anything from him in over a week.
John, my e-mail address is mandobassman@hotmail.com, please respond. I have tried both serial and parallel circuits as outlined in the FMS manual on both Airtronics and Futaba 5 pin buddy jacks and get no signal every time. What do I have to do to get accurate detailed instructions on how to make these interfaces work?
Ken
mandobassman

Postby johnhlong » Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:02 pm

Sorry,

Had a daughter visit from out of town.

I sent you and E-Mail just now.

Let me know what happens.

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby johnhlong » Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:06 pm

If the test program doesn't work you can call me and we can talk about other trouble shooting ideas.

(We can make a cable to connect to the sound card to see if you have any output.

John

(425) 837-0802
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby Mike Roberts » Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:55 pm

Ken

I have added the airtronics connections on my website. Go to RC projects>Flying Model Simulator>Transmitter connections.

Mike
Mike Roberts

Next

Return to General Discussions