[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Radio & WinXP: my positive experience - SmartPropo rocks! :-)

Radio & WinXP: my positive experience - SmartPropo rocks! :-)

Postby giobbi » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:53 am

Hi,

I want to share with you my experience connecting my radio to FMS under WinXP Sp2 environement.

My 4 CH radio comes from an ARF model (Hype Cessna 182). It has a 3.5 mm jack port.

I found the SmartPropoPlus site

a project started from the SmartPropo original project:

With a simple connection, using two stereo 3.5 mm jack and a 10kohm linear trimmer put on the signal cable I succesfully connected my radio to FMS (see on previous sites about how to put trimmer on the cable).

I connected together most internal connections [1] of the jack and the most external connections [3] of the jack: so, [1] of the 1st jack connected with [1] of the 2nd jack, and [3] of the 1st jack connected with [3] of the 2nd jack.
[2] is left without connection. In this way it should protect radio that uses [2] connection and at the same time will work if the 3.5 mm jack on the radio is a mono jack. Hope I've been clear enough!

// _ |
// C|_|____ |
// 1 2 3 |

The trimmer mounted on the middle of the cable will help us to regulate the volume of the signal.

I connected the cable to the Line-In port of my Sound Blaster Audigy.

I downloaded all zip files with different versions of Winmm.dll from both sites , and I tried everyone until I found the right one (I found it doing the calibration from inside FMS and seeing which of them answer correctly to my radio signals).

Actually FMS works fine under WinXP and my radio control. Only, it's better to shut down speakers before to switch on the radio...

cheers,
Giovi Verrua
Turin, Italy
giobbi

Postby shaul_eiz » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:02 pm

Grazia Giovi,
You don't have to mute your speakers. Please go to the troubleshooting part of the site, especially to the part to see how to do it even better.
I will try to automate that in the future.
Enjoy
shaul_eiz

Postby dailow » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:52 pm

Can you be specific on Which version of FMS and operating system you are using(does it work with XP + sp2 )? and which one of the winmm.dll is the right one? Thanks
dailow

Postby shaul_eiz » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:27 pm

shaul_eiz

Return to General Discussions