[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Video Card - Video Card required to run FMS?

Video Card - Video Card required to run FMS?

Postby jwilliam » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:22 pm

I am running FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.5 on an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ with 512MB RAM and Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.

I have a Powered by ATI Radeon 7000 video card with 64MB SGRAM on it.

For the most part it works great!
Thanks for such a nice program! :D

When I go into the Chase Camera View it looks like my video card can't keep up with the horizon and it kind of flashes and has kind of blocks around the plane.
And if I run the higher resolutions then it seems to slow down around the trees and building, not in chase mode.

I am thinking about buying a Sapphire ATI Radeon X700 and wondering if anyone is using that card and if they have any issues with it.

I would also like to hear about what Video Cards people are using that work well or that have the same problems.

And maybe I can get by with a cheaper video card that works well. Also would like something that would run G3 well.
Don't know that I will ever go there, but would like to be able to and not have to purchase another video card for it. ???

Thanks for your help!

Jerry

EDIT: I ended up buying a ATI X700 card and it works much better.
The trees look a little strange from far away now, but it I don't have any flashing.
jwilliam

Return to General Discussions