[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - PIC interface and windows 98SE - wont work!

PIC interface and windows 98SE - wont work!

Postby alexbe » Tue Feb 19, 2002 11:41 pm

OK I know its probably been asked before, but I am having a minor problem. My PIC interface works just fine on a PC running Win 95 but when I plug it into my PC here at home it just doesn't see the interface. It was suggested on the Aerofly forum that a minor change to Win 98 register would cure this problem, but I cant get anything out of the interface.

The PIC interface is as described in the .doc file with FMS

It is working and I have a signal and volts on the PIC.

System Athlon 1GHz SIS 830CN ultra M/B 512Mb mem SIS 630CN Video card (built in to M/B) Radio is a Futaba Challenger FP-T6NFK or a Skysport 6A

Any Ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks to you all

Alex
alexbe

Postby Jeroen » Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:38 am

Which version of FMS are you using?
Are your com port settings ok?
Do you see the calibration screen in FMS?

(Edited by Jeroen at 10:39 am on Feb. 20, 2002)
Jeroen

Postby alexbe » Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:49 pm

Hi Jeroen,

I have checked as much as I can The com port settings seem to be OK I can see the calibration screen no problem but nothing happens when you move the sticks. I know the PIC interface is working ok because its been tested on a machine runnning 95 The interface has gone home from work with a friend this evening to see if it will work on his PC with 98 I'll get a report in the morning.

I am using FMS beta 7, but I am about to go and look at the alpha pages to see what I can find.

Thanks for the reply.

Alex
alexbe

Postby Jeroen » Thu Feb 21, 2002 7:14 am

Hi Alex,

A very quick way to see if the interface is putting out a data stream is the following: Open up a new session of hyperterminal (or any other comm program that directly can look at a com port) and use a com port for a connection. Set the parameters correct (9600 or 19200 baud (depending on version) , 8 data bits, No parity and 1 stop bit, no flow control).

Switch on your transmitter and your screen should fill up with data.
Jeroen

Return to PIC Interface