[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - 6exa, channels bleeding all over themselves

6exa, channels bleeding all over themselves

Postby chaos » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:15 am

just recently purchased PIC cable from mile high wings, but i cant get any of the channels to work alone. throttle, rudder, elevator all bleed over to each other, flaps change all channels, gear changes all channels, no aileron at all. Im using it on model 3(no presets) with no mixing. a cable prob? or maybe in my comp? 6exa by the way
i have a homebuilt
abit nf7 v.2
amd 2500+xp
1gb pc3200
gforce fx 5600
win 2kpro

all windows updates, all bios updates, all driver updates.
any help is appreciated!
chaos

Postby Cuban Flyer » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:25 pm

Are you able to calibrate the unit at all or do the bars carry on moving randomly?
Cuban Flyer

Postby chaos » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:24 pm

chaos

Postby Steve Lewin » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:27 am

Check that you have selected the correct "Protocol" (9600/19200) setting under "Ressources" for your interface. You can get that sort of effect with the wrong speed setting.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Cuban Flyer » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:31 pm

I have seen the problem you describe, however I have not seen it cause by the wrong protocol. I have had it with some motherboards and have cured the problem by changing the zenor diode on the interface.
Cuban Flyer

Postby chaos » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:29 am

the protocol is correct, im thinking it is in fact a mobo prob, i have 2 com ports, 1 of them doesnt even seem to work at all, the other has the above probs, so its probably a hardware or software prob. i will try the cable on another system when i have a chance. as far as changing the diode goes, what did you change it to and which mobo did you have probs with
chaos

Postby Cuban Flyer » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:01 pm

Hi

I changed it to a 3.3v zenor, they are usually 5.1 or 5.6v. I can remember the motherboard, I built the system for friend. I have supplied a few units with this zenor and have experienced on other problems.

Just a pointer I have also seen problems with internal modems that share the same IRQ.

HTH
:)
Cuban Flyer

Postby chaos » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:55 pm

no IRQ sharing with my com ports. so ill try the diode, but keep the info coming, lol
thanks so far
chaos

Postby chaos » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:05 am

ok, just popped the case off and there are 3 diodes, so, which one do i replace? or all of them? there is a black stripe, brown stripe and a yellow stripe diode. and what is the required amp and watt rating for the new diode, oh and by the way, since youve done this much, might as well put in on too lol--j/k
chaos

Postby Eagle Al » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:06 pm

I too recently got a serial PIC from Mile High Wings that didn't work. I could map and calibrate the channels, but the TX inputs (moving the sticks) did nothing when I ran FMS. I'm not sure what you mean by bleeding, but I seem to recall channels 5->8 moved around.

I went back to my 20-year old CH 2-axis 2-button joystick which works perfectly and truly resembles the joystick (or gimbal?) on my TX. My problem, of course, is that I don't have throttle or rudder. I guess without these inputs I'm flying full blast?

I returned the unit, and I'm looking for some advice on getting something that works. Maybe the game port is the way to go?

Al :(
Eagle Al

Postby Eagle Al » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:20 am

I want to add to my above reply. I found the cable would work intermittently if I went to Graphics and under Hardware unchecked "Wait for vertical" and "Flip back buffer". I don't have a clue why this would have some effect.

It would be nice if there was an FMS User's Manual that went into some detail about the program.

BTW, my joystick is a CH MACH II.

Al :cool:
Eagle Al

Postby overhead » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:00 am

I had a fellow who had a problem something as you describe. What the problem turned out to be was his transmitter was radiating rf and when he was near his computer the controls would go all erratic. He popped the crystal out and it worked fine after that.

Dennis
Dennis
overhead

Postby phildc » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:36 pm

To understand what enters your COM, feel free to use

Select COM, speed adapted to your PIC cable, do Action=START... Display is in decimal
You may also use other softs, like
that shows all channels

User's guide, etc :

Philippe
phildc

Postby Eagle Al » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:34 pm

phildc:

Access is restricted to all of your links!

Al :(
Eagle Al

Return to PIC Interface