[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - I can make PIC interfaces - Is anybody interested?

I can make PIC interfaces - Is anybody interested?

Postby W Tarr » Tue Nov 06, 2001 10:03 pm

W Tarr

Postby johnhlong » Wed Nov 07, 2001 3:36 am

I'll take a prototype assembly if it works relibility and I could get it quickly (this week ???).
It will sit behing my computer so looks don't matter to me.

Any chance of pricing them between ฤ.00 - ฮ.00 ?

Just on principle, the better they look the more I would pay.

One option I would like to see... An extra input so I could use a power supply at the connector end to power my transmitter in student mode.

I would supply the power supply. The end that goes to the transmitter could be a standard stero 3 connector which I would build the last part of the cable. Two different short cables, one for my Futaba and one for my Airtronics transmitters.

:)

John
Seattle, Wa.
USA
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby bsergeev » Wed Nov 07, 2001 9:40 pm

W Tarr,
It would be nice of you to put aside a small percentage of your profit for the developer of the PIC interface, Vitaly Puzrin <vitaly_puzrin@mailru.com>.
His forum ID is Vitaly, look for his postings here.

I have no affiliation with Vitaly, just exchenged a couple of e-mails with him. He seems a nice guy, who knows his stuff.
bsergeev

Postby AlanC » Wed Nov 07, 2001 11:32 pm

I would be interested in either the completed product or a kit. If the kit has a PCB. I am not that great at soldering but I have a good friend that does that kind of thing for a living and he offered to show me how. I would be willing to pay ฤ to ษ US for the kit and ฮ to ุ for the completed interface.

I have the cable for my radio already made. I have tons of long scraps of Cat5 wire from my work that I used.

I agree that a little should go back to Vitaly since he designed it. Just my two cents.

Thanks
Alan
AlanC

Postby W Tarr » Thu Nov 08, 2001 12:45 am

Yes I agree,
I've prototyped an interface this morning successfully with a few futaba and hitec radios. I am having lots of fun etching the circuit boards and hand drilling them.
I'm trying to modify it by reducing the component count so it can fit inside a backshell.
Currently it fits nicely inside a 25 pin backshell.
It works really well too, not a dot of jitter.

We could say that we will donate ŭ per unit to Vitaly, as long as he can accept US dollars.

If anybody is interested, e-mail me at wt@hnpl.net.

Thanks,
Wayne.
W Tarr

Postby Vitaly » Thu Nov 08, 2001 6:48 am

1. I think, that component count is not reduceable :) . Schematic was heavy optimized, to keep it as simple and cheap as possible.

2. With SMD-components it sould fit into 9-pin backshell. PIC should be in SOIC too. Look at the pictures in documentation. PCB was fitted in 9-pin case with some kludges (no input transistor, but some additional useless elements).

3. I don't recomment to use 25-pin COM connector? because most modern computers don't have it.
Vitaly

Postby garyp » Sat Nov 10, 2001 1:29 am

I'd probably spring for one in the ษ range. I built the parallel port one and was happy with it but since I migrated to Windows 2000 and now I'm an XP user I need a different interface.

One suggestions: Since most brands of transmitters use a different plug to terminate the same 3 or 4 wires you might build the TX end with a universal plug and sell TX brand specific adapters.

I wouldn't be as motivate except that FMS 7 is just too cool! Great job by the brothers Moeller. I thinks it's a great teaching tool for newbies. I spent a lot less time gluing my plane back together after I practiced with FMS. Virtual balsa is much easier to fix.

Gary
GaryP
garyp

Postby bstorey » Mon Nov 12, 2001 6:42 pm

I'd be interested in buying an interface from you. Futaba would be perfect. Just let me know where and when to send the $$

Blake (bstorey@bluediesel.com)
-"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness, which side are you on?"
bstorey

Re: I can make PIC interfaces - Is anybody interested?

Postby Patel12 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:02 am

I would supply the power supply. The end that goes to the transmitter could be a standard stero 3 connector which I would build the last part of the cable. Two different short cables, one for my Futaba and one for my Airtronics transmitters.

Return to PIC Interface