[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Control frozen after few seconds - work only in window mode

Control frozen after few seconds - work only in window mode

Postby zozo » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:43 pm

Hi pilots! (excuse my english...)

I build succesfull a PIC - serial interface was working wery well with an test PC at work but at home I have problems.
In calibrating menu al channels working well and also I can take-off and fly without problems but in every case after few seconds the control frozen, sometime short, sometime totally and the plane crash. When the plane crash, I hear the BOOM many times, in same case disapear just when make a new initialization.Why the simulator work in a small window and in full screen a had this problem? ( of course just when use the PIC interface). I don't find trouble in Device Manager. My platform is an 2GHz Celeron with Win 98 and GeForce4 MMX 440 video card. The drivers are the last as possible.
Please help me if you know solution

Thanks,
zozo
zozo

Postby albejanon » Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:50 pm

Hi, everyone and forgive my english.

I´ve tried fms beta7 on win98 and win2k with a computer slower than yours and with a graphics card ATI Radeon 7000 AGP 4X and work fine in all cases. Many causes coul make the system going slowly. Try this:

Check fms version that you have installed and if it´s is older enough download beta7 or higher.

Check your graphics card resolution and turn it to 16 bits or 24 bits color deep and 800x600 pixels. Use the same settings in the fms graphics configuration.

Check the baud settings of your COM port and use the appropiate velocity in bauds for your serial PIC interface (normally 96000 or 19200). Use the same settings in your fms.

Check the DirectX drivers you have and install the latest DirectX drivers.

Check your graphics card 3D and openGL settings and increase the hardware acceleration.

Check if you have installed your motherboard chipset drivers that come in the CD-ROM of the motherboard (or the latest manufacturer drivers) I think this could be the root of your problem. This drivers perform a 100% render of your hardware better than the other provided by windows 98 that were not built by the motherboard manufacturer in most cases (because they are too generic to increase the hardware compatibility of the windows installations, and your computer is more modern than windows98).

Scan the entire surface disk with Scandisk and after that defrag it.

If your problem continues, uninstall fms and reinstall it (I think that putting this solution here is silly but...).

And if anything works, check if you have a virus in your system because many viruses decreases the velocity of the system.

And finally check if your system works fine with a game that nedd high performance in graphics (perhaps some driver is in trouble with fms).

I hope this could help you and others with similar problems.

albejanon.
albejanon

Return to PIC Interface