[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Elite 4 on XP Pro Desktop - rudder and throttle interchanged

Elite 4 on XP Pro Desktop - rudder and throttle interchanged

Postby mm95035 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:35 am

I have a Century Elite 4 TX and bought from Century the FMS Flight simulator CD and interface. I installed FMS version 2.0 alpha 8.5 on a desktop machine with XP Prof.

I found out that the throttle and rudder control are interchanged.

I tried replacing mapping/calibration so that
rudder is channel 4
elevator is channel 2
aileron is channel 1
throttle is channel 3

I also tried using winmm.dll from diferent manufacturer.

These adjustment still does made any difference in controlling.

The rudder and throttle are interchange, plus the sensitivity of the throttle compared to the rudder makes it so difficult to control the model. Since slight movement on the throttle will make the model tilt to either side and you need to a large movement on the rudder to make to moel go up or down.

Please advise.

Thanks

Mike M
mm95035

Postby shaul_eiz » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:33 am

If you are using SmartPropo(Plus) or a joystick - FMS lets you map any channel to any axis.
Instructions:
Start FMS
Select menu Controls
Select menu item Analog Control
Click on Mapping/calibration and map as you wish.
shaul_eiz

Postby mm95035 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:00 pm

I bought a usb 2.o converter to serial to try FMS on my laptop(fujitsu lifebook). I still have the same problem where the throttle and rudder are interchanged.

I found the solution for my own problem.

Here are my settings for mapping of channels/calibrate(note you need to change the roll setting and pitch also) to make it work properly on either the desktop or laptop.
rudder is channel 4
elevator is channel 2
aileron is channel 1
throttle is channel 3
tail is channel 1
nick is channel 2
roll is channel 4
pitch is channel 3

Of course, you then calibrate after making changes to the mapping.

I don't have any reason behind this. It was a trial and error approach.

You don't need to have winmm.dll. its is for a different project.

Have fun. I hope this one helps :)

Mike M
mm95035

Return to PIC Interface