[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Walkera R/C4 Transmitter + FS-SM100 cable

Walkera R/C4 Transmitter + FS-SM100 cable

Walkera R/C4 Transmitter + FS-SM100 cable

Postby markdw » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:56 am

Hi everyone, Im new at this so I'm going to give as many details as I can, you can click on any images to get to product pages.

I got bought this helicopter:

The transmitter has a 4 pin port on the back, and I had played with FMS before so I decided to buy this:

I am running XP Pro, SP2. When I plug in the USB cable (regardless of whether the transmitter is connected or not) it lights up and installs itself onto the Windows game controller list as "PPM".

The problem is that I am not getting any further then that - when I connect the transmitter it does not input at all, whether at the calibration window or in FMS itself (and I have tried this with the transmitter on or off).

There is no documentation with the cable, and no driver disk. I tried visiting the website printed on the packaging (www.flyskychina.com) and that site actually said they didnt make any FMS cables!

Any help would be very much appreciated.
markdw

Postby glenfraser » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:14 pm

Hi there,

Does the radio you are using have a buddy box conector on it?
Sounds like it may do. If so what you will need to do is go into the properties page on the joystick setup and make sure when you move a stick the the cross moves in the setup page. You idealy need the pin out of the connector on your radio to see which pin the signal is comming out of. And if any links need sticking in. Once you get the joystick moving you need to get into FMS and then set it up....

You need that to plug the radio into the usb cable.
Some radios dont support PPM output. That needs to be checked in the manual.

Glen
glenfraser

Postby markdw » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:17 am

markdw

Postby glenfraser » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:04 am

That will be why if no wires connected.

http://alessioandrea.altervista.org/rcjoyng.html

Can try there as the do have a way of connecting a box up.
Or i do remember somewere think it may be on here someware a way to get the PPM signal out. It may be you need a scope to look or sujust you look at the chip numbers inside and look the data sheet up on the net.
There may be a pin which it sticks it out on.

Sounds like the plastic mold for the tx you have is a standard box which they use for all. It may be they just never run the wire unless its paid for.
Lets hope so....

Glen
glenfraser

Return to PIC Interface