[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - PIC -> COM(serial) -> USB

PIC -> COM(serial) -> USB

PIC -> COM(serial) -> USB

Postby Al6ka » Sat May 30, 2009 2:54 am

Hello,

I have problems with mapping of my rc-pult to the virtual joystick in the PPJoy.

At the same time FMS reads the signal perfectly.

The case is that I whant to use my pult in other proggrams (games :) ).

I tested the input with
http://users.skynet.be/phildc/Files/RS232analyser.exe
and it is good. It shows something like
247 0 125 127 133 123 130 247 0 ...
And numbers changes with stick movements.

But PPJoy dosenot recognize the sequence correctly. Also I found some traces of proggrame PICJoy, but I cannot find it on the web... :cry:

Please help me, may be there are other proggrams that maps FMS PIC sequence to a virtual joystic, but I cannot find them.

P.S. Sorry for my english.
Al6ka

Postby phildc » Sat May 30, 2009 8:14 am

Update:

Sorry, reading your message too fast !!!
No way to transfer this signal to another game, except the 'test' softwares referenced hereunder.

Phil.

Good morning,

If the 'R232analyser' captured your signal, it means that your hardware is ok.

These 'sequences' must be input directly to FMS thru the serial port (choose the good port number)

The settings in FMS are:
Control -> Analog -> Serial PIC
Serial port selection
Protocol (19200...)
Channel attribution
Calibration

No need for any other software, only FMS.

Other softs recognizing this input signal:
refer to:

and my site:
You will find softs that display, record, analyze, a.s.o.

If you still have any question, please feel free to ask.

Phil.

Hope this helps
phildc

Postby phildc » Sat May 30, 2009 8:25 am

Another remark: this serial connection with what I called the 'simple PCM' protocol' and the serial interface cable is really old stuff. I suggest that:
- you invest in another interface that will appear as a joystick to both FMS and other games
- or explore the 'audio' connection with a simple audio cable and smartpropoplus.

Phil
phildc

Return to PIC Interface