[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Help with PPJOY - invalid sync byte using PPJOY

Help with PPJOY - invalid sync byte using PPJOY

Postby mrspok » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:56 pm

Greetings all,
I have been looking at the forums for any solution for
the PPJOY program comeing up with " invalid sync byte . . . problem.
Has any one been able to resolve this problem?
I am using the transmitter for the dragonfly 35.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
mrspok

Postby Eric Brouwer » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:44 am

With the Dragonfly, I assume that you are using the supplied cable, which does not contain any electronics. In PPJoyCOM, you need to set the "serial protocol" to "Zhen Hua 5 byte protocol". This should solve your problem.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby mrspok » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:11 pm

I have done all that, I know they are communicating, but just getting that error.
If I can get over this issue, I think it should work.
Any suggessions?
Please and thanks.
mrspok

Postby Eric Brouwer » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:42 am

If the Zhen Hua protocol does not work with PPJoyCOM, then you can not use the cable/tx with PPJoy. It meens your transmitter is sending out a non-standard synch byte, which is not the same as Zhen Hua.

Does your cable connections look like this?

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Eric Brouwer

Postby mrspok » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:36 am

It is the same, except 4 is not jumpered to 3

Should my cable configuration be like your diagram above?
3 jumpered to 4?

If so, I already tried that and I still get the same error message.
Any other suggessions?

Thanks in advance for your help.
mrspok

Postby Eric Brouwer » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:36 pm

Both connections will work correct.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Eric Brouwer

Postby mrspok » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:35 pm

I guess there is no solution to my problem then.
The cable configuration is OK, port setup is 19200, 8bit none 1 Stop Xon/Xoff, using PPJoy 0.82 Joystick device= virtual joystick 1 serial port 1 Zhen Hua 5 protocol.

I don't know what else to configure.
Unless it is the version of some thing I am using or some thing was no correctly installed.
Do you see any thing that is different from your configuration?

Thanks and best regards.
mrspok

Postby Eric Brouwer » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:58 am

There seems to be different versions of tranmitters that comes with some combo packs. Why the manufactures decided to even include the cables, is unknown. I have found seven different "Zhen Hua" type of transmitters, and the synch byte is different on five of them.

This is also one of the reasons why the assistance with the no-name brand of transmitters are getting less. If I and other guys have to try and figure out each of the transmitters, we will not even have time to eat.

Best and only solution is for the manufacturers to stick to the R/C protocol used all the years, and which is still used on the branded makes of equipment.

The other option is of cource to buy a branded make of transmitter. This WILL solve the problem.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Eric Brouwer

Postby Eric Brouwer » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:59 am

There seems to be different versions of tranmitters that comes with some combo packs. Why the manufactures decided to even include the cables, is unknown. I have found seven different "Zhen Hua" type of transmitters, and the synch byte is different on five of them.

This is also one of the reasons why the assistance with the no-name brand of transmitters are getting less. If I and other guys have to try and figure out each of the transmitters, we will not even have time to eat.

Best and only solution is for the manufacturers to stick to the R/C protocol used all the years, and which is still used on the branded makes of equipment.

The other option is of cource to buy a branded make of transmitter. This WILL solve the problem.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Eric Brouwer

Postby mrspok » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:25 am

Thanks for all your help Eric, you are a trooper.
I guess I am sol with this one.
One more question, do you have a scematic for the futaba cable?
I think I will build one instead of paying for another cable that might not work.
Thanks and best regards.
mrspok

Postby tuf » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:04 am

I'm having the same problem - I read somewhere that pin3 on the s-video (mini-din) should not be connected. I have not yet tried this, but I will.

There is clearly connection between the control and PPJoy as the "invalid sync byte"-error only appeares when/as it is turned on.
tuf

Postby mrspok » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:57 pm

I wonder how this configuration will work on the TX?

S-Video DB9
1 -------- 7
2 -------- 2
3 - No connection
4 -------- 5
mrspok

Postby Chadster » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:22 pm

I'm in the same boat, dragonfly 35, invalid sync byte in PPJOY. Please post your results. I'm glad to hear that its not just me.
Chadster

Postby mrspok » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:10 am

You know, I can't beleive that it is so few a people that is having his issue, there must be some one out there who has solved this problem, or know how to solve it.
mrspok

Return to Joystick-Interface