[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - ZAGI Control Mapping

ZAGI Control Mapping

Postby turbot » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:44 pm

can somebody help me by telling me how to set the mapping for an elevon controlled model.. I am an absolute novice and don't seem to be able to get the right configuration for the channels except for the throttle.. I have a Hitec Laser 6 box with the USB cable which seems to work fine.. just cant figure out which channel is assigned to what..
turbot

Postby phildc » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:55 pm

Just normal elevator and ailerons, no need to care about elevons mixer.
Rudder is not active. Throttle is of course also necessary.

Note that heli's also do not rely on swashplate mixing, but on std commands. And pitch is a mix of throttle.

Phil.
phildc

Postby phildc » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:58 pm

And with Hitec:
Ailerons = ch.1
Elev= ch.2
Thr = c.3
Rudder = ch.4.
You have to look at possible 'reverse' needed (do in FMS calibration).
ALso if you feel that a control is too sensitive around neutral, select 'exp' (exponential).
phildc

Postby phildc » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:14 pm

Sorry, just gave the std Hitec settings (e.g. with a PIC serial cable)

I have no usb cable, so I tested a std joystick which appears to FMS with the following mapping:
Ail= 5
Elev=6
Thr=7
Rudder=8
Don't know if your cable will do the same.

You can test a joystick or joystick cable with Joystick.exe, to be found at:

Phil.
phildc

Postby phildc » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:21 pm

Checked further with Joystick.exe:
My joystick was #2 in the system,
so a #1 should be:
Ail= 1
Elev=2
Thr=3
Rudder=4

Phil.

Note: this soft can modify the channels (trim, epa,..) like a real transmitter, and outputs the modified signal on one of the COM ports.
The (simple)PCM output signal is recognized by FMS as serial PIC 19200, synch FF.
It can also be used as source for my other softwares.
phildc

Postby turbot » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:09 pm

thanks for the input.. done what you suggested.. model just flies heavily to the left..
What I don't undertand is why I need channel 4.. I am trying to fly a two channel plane with my Box set with elevon mixing. surely I only need two channels and a throttle... what would the setup be for the Diamant model that is one of the standards that come with FMS.. this again is similar to the ZAGI wing in that it only requires two channel with mixing
turbot

Postby turbot » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:16 pm

think i'VE SUSSED IT.. your instructions were OK... I was being a bit heavy handed on the controls.. just like you suggested.. working fine now.. thanks
turbot

Return to Joystick-Interface