Hitec Laser 4 and Ebay Cables

Hitec Laser 4 and Ebay Cables

Postby MockV » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:46 am

Hello,

Among many ppl here I'm also having troubles with my tx and the latest FMS program. I currently have a Hitec Laser 4 tx and a set of cables I bought from ebay (Hong Kong). It's the set which you can choose from 3 different attachments for a particular tx and connects to a usb plug. Right now I'm not able to calibrate tx with the game. Can anyone give some tips with using this tx? Or is it an overall problem with a "cookie cutter" fix?

Thanks for ANY assistance!
MockV

Re: Hitec Laser 4 and Ebay Cables

Postby Steve Lewin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:02 am

Have you tried calibrating in Windows/Game Controllers first ? What exactly happens ? And what do you see when you try calibrating in FMS ?

BTW the most common problem is probably the plug not seating correctly in the Tx socket. Sometimes trimming a little plastic away from the plug helps.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Re: Hitec Laser 4 and Ebay Cables

Postby MockV » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I just got it calibrated! I tried calibrating in windows first. I'm using winxp. I was confused on which controller type to choose I guess. After getting the right one, I was able to calibrate it in FMS.

It also doesn't help to turn the tx power on...didn't know I had to do that :mrgreen:

Now I just need to get the trims right. This part is really tough. My plane is almost finished but just when I think I got it right, I reset, then the plane is still irratic. I'll be playing around with it for the next hour or so. lol

Thanks for the help Mr. Lewin.
MockV

Return to Joystick-Interface