[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Can I use an Art-Tech transmitter with Windows98?

Can I use an Art-Tech transmitter with Windows98?

Postby shaul_eiz » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:49 pm

Strange. What about the original SmartPropo?
shaul_eiz

Postby shaul_eiz » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:02 pm

Phil,
Can you test on your W98 machine if fms links to winmm.dll, where does it look for it and what are the interface functions.
If you plant the SPP in the fms current directory, does it link to it or does it go directly to the original DLL file in the system directory?
Sorry to make you work for me. I just have nothing but XPs around me.
Thanks
Shaul
shaul_eiz

Postby chris1379 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:05 am

Just letting you know I'm still watching the thread. If you guys come up with any answers it would be great.

Chris
chris1379

Postby shaul_eiz » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:33 am

Well Chris,
Hope that this tri-continental effort will get us somewhere. Phil will probably supply us with an answer soon.
Shaul
shaul_eiz

Postby chris1379 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:38 pm

Well, i tried 2 more things this weekend. I put FMS and Smartpropo Plus on my WinXP machine back home and it worked without a hitch. I also tried it on my Win98 laptop with no success. Could it be that Win98 isn't capable of using more than one dll with the same name? Here is what I found about the original Smartpropo and Win98 . There were wdm versions written for Win98. Too bad I can't find them.
chris1379

Postby shaul_eiz » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:43 am

Sorry Chris,
Phil was doing some tests on his 98 machine but we did not find out what was the problem. Apparently, the former SmartPropo did not work either.
I don't think there is much point in changing the product to work with 98 - it is now almost obsolete.
I have the original WDM product (compiled only) so if you send me your email address I will send it over to you.
Shaul
shaul_eiz

Postby chris1379 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:19 am

That would be great. I see there were 2 versions of the WDM. Please send both if you have them. My email is cjohnson1379@earthlink.net .

I'd like to say a sincere "Thank You" to Shaul and Phil for all your help and to Tsutomu SEKI for the original Smartpropo. You guys have helped keep the spirit of the hobby alive.

Chris
chris1379

Postby shaul_eiz » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:20 pm

Sent. Please test.
shaul_eiz

Postby chris1379 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:46 am

It installed and ran without any crashes but does not work for the Art-tech. There are 2 choices for transmitters, both of which are PCM. I think this one is PPM. Oh well, I should be receiving an Esky serial controller in a few days. It claims to work with Win98 and XP.
chris1379

Previous

Return to Joystick-Interface