[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Newbie - USB Cable Help required

Newbie - USB Cable Help required

Newbie - USB Cable Help required

Postby drew_flyboy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

drew_flyboy

Postby phildc » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:39 pm

phildc

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:05 am

Steve Lewin

Postby drew_flyboy » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:10 pm

drew_flyboy

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:29 pm

Steve Lewin

Postby drew_flyboy » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:37 am

There is only one RC-Joystick listed in the Control Panel.

I have returned here after closing FMS down and the indicator bars in here still respond as they should when I move my sticks on the Tx.

Is there anything else I could try?
drew_flyboy

Postby Laurent D. » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:46 am

Hi,

Have you installed before a software like SmartPropo ? If yes, this soft install some DLL files in your FMS directory and this can make some problems with joystick interfaces.
Remove theses DLL (or re-install FMS) and try again...

If you have done the calibration in windows control panel (and it seems it's working fine for you), you do not need to do it again in FMS.
Laurent D.

Postby phildc » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:46 am

As Laurent said, look for a 'winmm.dll' in the directory where fms.exe is present. If this dll is there, the problem is identified.

;) Is the forum travelling in time?
The last post says: Laurent D. Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:27 am Nice feature! ;) Summer time (daylight savings) bringing you instantly to summer!

Phil.
phildc

Postby shaul_eiz » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:46 am

It's already summer here, near Tel Aviv. So maybe it is June :wink:
shaul_eiz

Postby phildc » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:46 am

You lucky man, Shaul!
Another problem is that update notifications will also only arrive in June.. ;)
I am not getting any message from this forum.

phil.
phildc

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:53 am

Do you mean that there is only one joystick/game controller of any sort in the Control Panel list ? FMS doesn't know names it just uses the first in the list whatever it is.

If that is what you mean then I can't recall seeing anything like this before.

What version of FMS ? When you select Analog Controls/Joystick Interface does the joystick show up o.k. in "Ressources" ? Have you tried going through the full calibration routine including centering the sticks and finalising it ? I.e Calibrate, Next, Finish ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby drew_flyboy » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:25 pm

Yes, there is only one joystick/game controller listed in the windows games controllers section. This is the R/C joystick.

I have completed the windows calibration, going through the "centering sticks" exercise. That works ok and windows responds to the signals that Tx is sending to the computer. It only when I get to FMS that things seem to go a bit pear shaped.

I have atempted both the FMS ver 2.0 beta 7 and also the newer version, version 2 beta 8.5 and it still does the same thing.
drew_flyboy

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:34 pm

Sorry but if there's only one joystick, it shows up in the FMS Joystick Interface "Ressources" window but it does nothing in the FMS Joystick interface "Mapping/calibration" window even when you go through all the calibration steps in there I'm stuck. I've never seen anything like that and I can't imagine how it can happen.

Hope someone turns up soon who knows more than me ;).

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby phildc » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:42 pm

Let's try with another application...
Could you try my 'joystick.exe' to see how it reacts? It will select joy #1 by default so just press the JOYSTICK button when the software starts. Then move your joystick, try buttons, a.s.o.

Phil.
phildc

Postby Steve Lewin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:43 am

It's gone very quiet since the date has been set back to normal. Do you think Drew has lost interest or is there a problem with the forum ?

And of course this post is out of chronological order. I actually posted it a couple of days after Phil's comment about norifications in June ;).

Steve
Steve Lewin

Next

Return to Joystick-Interface