[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Walkera Transmitter - Web Site - Help setting up

Walkera Transmitter - Web Site - Help setting up

Postby Allan Oz » Sat May 28, 2005 9:44 am

I was given this web site to help set up the Walkera transmitter. I have a #35 helicopter.

I have done as instructed however the FMS program comes up with something like " invalid sync byte . . . "

Anyone have any suggestions? Don't know if it is the cable or the transmitter.
Allan Oz

Postby egarza » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:46 pm

I have exactly the same problem.

Please HELP :( :( :(
egarza

Postby aeropal » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:07 pm

Last edited by aeropal on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aeropal

Postby HellyHopper » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:40 pm

Hi,
I tried the same and basically downloaded software which makes the RC look like a game paddle. However, I couldn't get it working properly and someone pointed me to this site:-

which explains how to set FMS up and has a special section on configuring the helicopter stick. I got rid of the game paddle emulation program and everything works OK. My software and FMS config settings are:- Windows XP Home SP2, COM1 port, FMS 2.0 Beta 7, Serial PIC-interface, 19200 Baud/0xFF Sync. The important bit was configuring the lower 4 options (Tail, Nick, Roll, Pitch) to my RC channel settings. It didn't help that the instructions that came with the RC were completely wrong. Looks like Left and Right got lost in translation. Never mind, 'works now. I suggest you forget about special emulations. Just bung it onto a COM port and check out the above web site.
:)
HellyHopper

Postby dado099 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:52 pm

Also for me it doesn't work !
dado099

Postby shaul_eiz » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:51 am

How about using ?
It works nicely as-is, and you might expect some improvements later.
I'm working on it.
shaul_eiz

Postby bno » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:48 am

I have the same problem with my Walkera 22E and PPjoy/Zhen Hua. Bougth my Walkera 22E a few weeks ago. Seams like the problem is the new 6 ch. transmitter from Dragon Fly/Zhen Hua.

Get error message "Invalid sync byte 0.." (Number flickers)

Seams like the transmitter are sending "wrong" or unstable signals. Also tried serial port directly to FMS (not using PPjoy) through serial port and different setting on the COM port (9600/19200, 8, none, 1, XonXoff/hardware) both on win2000 and winXP, -nothing works!!!

Anyone got any info from Zhen Hua or other work-arounds??

Bjoernar
bno

Return to Joystick-Interface