[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - E-sky 6CH remote and USB lead with FMS, How do you configure

E-sky 6CH remote and USB lead with FMS, How do you configure

E-sky 6CH remote and USB lead with FMS, How do you configure

Postby darkwill » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:22 pm

Hello All,

I am would love to have anyone's help who can help me. :D

I have just bought a honey bee cp2 and a usb lead and I have allready crashed my hele :( and need to practice but I cant configure the 6ch channel controller.

When I go into FMS and click configure I can get the bule boxes to move but im not sure what im doing and just cant ever get the hele to move ?

Does anyone know what to do ?

Please e-mail darkwill@o2.co.uk
darkwill

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:55 pm

Follow the instructions on the calibrate screen. Note which channel is for each control then fill in the boxes on the LH side of the screen with the correct channel numbers. The bottom 4 are for helis, the top 4 for planes and both sets should be the same e.g. for my Futaba from the top it's 4,2,1,3, 4,2,1,3.

I have no idea what channels your Tx will use but I believe it's a 6-channel with built in CCPM mixing so the mixing may mess it up and stop it working anyway.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby shaul_eiz » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:10 pm

This one is a hardwired CCPM Tx. In other words, you have to unmix the channels. To the best of my knowledge only and support this.
shaul_eiz

Postby darkwill » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:23 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help but I cant configure it, It all seems so hard to do I have tried to put diffrent numbers in the boxes to config the T but I can never do it to fly the hele. I really need like a step by step guide as I dont no what numbers to put where and where to put ticked in the boxes? I used the links a read the stuff but no joy.

I have a usb lead it all work and the blue bars move. I just dont no what channels do what ?

Please Please help!
darkwill

Postby Andy2No » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:52 am

Andy2No

Postby darkwill » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:10 pm

darkwill

Postby Andy2No » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:27 pm

Andy2No

Postby Andy2No » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:12 am

Andy2No

Postby Andy2No » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:44 am

Andy2No

Postby darkwill » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:21 pm

HI Guy's

Thanks so much for your help but I still cant do it, On the T the only one problem I have now is the right stick of the T does not do anything when moving left or right on the right stick.

So when calabrating the T everything is fine but not the left and right on the T ( right sick).

Its like it does not work but I know it does work as I crashed my real hele and left and right works.

Please this is my last and final bid for help then im giving up.

I have got a USB cable.

Thanks

Will
darkwill

Postby Andy2No » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:47 pm

Hi Will,

Sorry to hear that.

While reading about these cables I found someone claiming they don't send enough channels to work with a CP2 transmitter. I didn't know if that was true but I thought maybe it sent the first four and not the other one (channel six, I think - there's no channel 5).

If you can't get it to move anything with left and right on the right stick in the FMS calibration bit then I think you're stuck. Have you tried fiddling with the option switches? Even so, I don't think they'd affect that - just the throttle and blade pitch channels.

One consolation is that you can buy a USB Esky flight simulator that's a dummy transmitter and comes with a copy of FMS. They sell them in the UK but every site I've seen is out of stock. There are some on ebay being sent from Hong Kong or China for a bit less - under £25, mostly. I've bought plenty of stuff from Hong Kong without any problems - just have a good look at the seller's feedback before you buy. 98% is not a good score. Look for Paypal Buyer Protection too. Also, if you do order one, make sure they can send you a mode 2 - with the throttle on the left thumb.

One small advantage of buying one specially, rather than using your CP2 Tx, is that you won't have to keep adjusting the trims again if you fly your CP. Although the sim is only 4 channels it'll still help you learn the most important skills.

I was a bit skeptical about using FMS to practice at first because I found if the heli was too far away I couldn't make out which way it was facing, or how high it was. For practicing close to, it's very useful though. The Hughes heli model is great to start with because it's a lot more stable than the Esky looking ThreeDee one. You can do things like practice taking off and landing on a target, making small circuits and "nose in" hovering - where the heli is facing you. Once you've got the hang of those, you're probably ready to fly again.
Andy2No

Postby darkwill » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:05 am

Thanks for you help Andy!

I have been trying the switch still does not work.

I shall ask my girlfrind if I can get one as im buying a moterbike soon and might not bee allowed as this hobby has cost loads so far!

Thanks so much for your help though mate !!!!!

Will
darkwill

Postby Andy2No » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:53 am

You're welcome.

Good look with the negotiations :)

Andy
Andy2No

Postby squall » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:30 am

To get it working on the 0406 transmitter (that comes with the cp2 in the uk)

Open the battery compartment, remove battery #3. Underneath you will see a recess with two dip switches behind. Switch dip switch #1 on.

Recalibrate your chopper. Each stick movement along each axis should now result in a single axis movement in the calibration screen.

Don't forget to put the dip switch back when you fly your chopper.
squall

Postby shaul_eiz » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:19 am

Squall,
If I got you right, you found a way to un-mix the channels.
This is excellent news - no need to use mixers in SmartPropoPlus.
It also means you can use this transmitter to fly trainer model aeroplanes.

Shaul
shaul_eiz

Next

Return to Joystick-Interface