[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Line input control

Line input control

Postby ib2525 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:17 am

Hi,

I just got a new e-fly 4 channel transmitter as i am going to get a slowflyer in the near future and the manual it came with mentioned it could be used with FMS, has a cable to plug into the mic or line in. Now i can get it to register that I am moving the controls in the calibrate screen, but they are all very jerky, move up and down of there own accord, i found the manual that was linked in another post and it said to change the sound hardware accelleration, but this made no difference. Are there any other tricks i should try? or is it just too much interference or a bad sound card, just onboard AC97 sound card.

Thanks

Stuart
ib2525

Postby shaul_eiz » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:28 am

Hi Stuart,
It seems like you are having the usual growing pains everyone has.
First of all, make sure you have put in the FMS directory.
Make sure you have connected your Tx to the Line-In soundcard input and un-muted it (You will hear a strong continuous noise in your speakers). Now mute the speakers.
Make sure that the recording input is the Line-In input.
Start FMS and callibrate. Please let me know when you're done.
shaul_eiz

Postby ib2525 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:56 pm

I've done all that, just that all the chanels move on there own to a degree. I can use the transmitter to control FMS but I have to constantly correct as they move on their own if you get what i mean.
ib2525

Postby shaul_eiz » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:06 pm

Well. I'm not sure I do. Do you mean that you can fly a model "more or less" but you have strange jerkings? Or do you meen that the channels move on their own during the callibration?
In both cases it seems that the input is very noisy. Are you sure you use the "Line In"? Not the "Microphone"?
Maybe you should mute all inputs except "Line In" just to make sure.
An other option is that you are using an old SmartPropo that has different Futaba/JR files, and you are using the wrong file.
Please test it and in the morning I'll try to see where we are.
shaul_eiz

Postby ib2525 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:39 am

I am using the correct file, what i thought it would be is the transmitter is just cheap and nasty, I am using the line in, all others are muted, more than likely interference from the pc and power leads, might try another lead between the transmitter and the line in and might even try my other pc.
ib2525

Postby shaul_eiz » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:18 am

We had a similar problem about 2 weeks ago. Please go over a thread named Microphone Input Controller and especially look for the usage of the Oscilloscope. You can then send me a snapshot of the input.
shaul_eiz

Postby ib2525 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:01 pm

Thanks guys, I have it sorted now, it seems that the volume of the line in is important and very sensitive.
I got it to a point where i could tell which channel was which then noticed that i need to change them so when i thought i was increasing speed it was turning right.. so with all the channels allocated to the right direction it works well, still a little jerky but usable, now my only problem is over reacting, the key board is so mush easier.

Thanks for all the help

Stuart
ib2525

Return to Joystick-Interface