[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - SimBlaster Cable Problem

SimBlaster Cable Problem

Postby T-Bo » Fri Mar 15, 2002 7:52 pm

Hello eveyone, first off, I love FMS, it rocks, saved me crash after crash.

I got a simblaster (www.simblaster.com) cable for my Hitec Prism 7X /w Spectra RF Module. It works via the joystick port.

I am running win 98 on a AMD Athlon 650 /w 128MB Ram.

For some reason it does not respond to any inputs on the radio:

Here is a copy of the email I sent to simblaster support, just hoping you experts would have some ideas!!??

Hello,

I ordered one of your simblaster cables a short while ago, you guys are speedy by the way!) and I tried it last night following your installation instructions to the letter.

I am unable to calibrate my radio, in fact, it will not even show any movements of the radio (axis or button). When the cable is plugged or not plugged in the calibration screen shows all the axis bouncing around.
Sometimes, when the radio is plugged in, and the radio is off, the axis will sit still, but as soon as the power goes on they go back to bouncing away!

The only time it will respond to "press any button on the joystick" is when I turn the radio power on from off, this doesn't even happen consistently! After cycling the power off to on the buttons appear to randomly select buttons on, even channel 8 which my radio doesn't even have!

I also tried the calibration in FMS and axis 2 was staying right in the middle not moving at all, and all the rest we bouncing just like in the Control Panel/Gaming Options calibration.

I have tried both PCM and PPM modes to no avail.

Would it have anything to do with channel mixing or D/R, expo. etc.?

I would really like to play with it, am I doing something wrong, it there a debugging tool I could use?

Information you might need:

Radio: Hitec Prism 7X /w Spectra RF module
Computer: AMD Athlon 650, 128MB RAM

Thanks for you time,

Trev.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Trevor Skaling
| Software Engineer
|
| NCOT Project (Naval Combat Operators Trainer)
|
| Office: (604) 231-2492
| E-mail: tskaling@mda.ca
| MacDonald-Dettwiler & Associates Ltd.
| 13800 Commerce Parkway
| Richmond, B.C. Canada V6V 2J3
| URL:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
T-Bo

Postby T-Bo » Mon Mar 18, 2002 8:08 pm

OK, I fixed this problem.

I wll post here to hopfully help someone else out who is going through the same thing.

For all the radios which have the ability to switch the frequency shift from + to - and back again, make sure it is set to the one which corrosponds to the type of cable you have purchased! :p
T-Bo

Return to Joystick-Interface