[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Newbie needs help with controller

Newbie needs help with controller

Newbie needs help with controller

Postby GTO » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:14 am

Hi all
I am a newbie to this forum and to the FMS program so please excuse me if the question I am about to ask has been covered before as I am sure it has.
I have a Logitech wingman that I am trying to set up but I just can not seem to get it to work.
The joystick is showing up in the windows xp game profile and the sticks seem to work when I opened the joystick interface but I just can not get any aircraft to do anything.
Not sure what to do

Cheers

Rhys
GTO

Postby phildc » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:32 am

When you select joystick and got to calibration in fms, do you see the 'bars' react to the stick movements?

You can 'explore' your joystick with
where you can select joy 1 or 2 in the menu, then press the JOYSTICK button to observe sticks and buttons.

Phil.
phildc

Postby GTO » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:53 pm

Hi Phil
Thanks for the reply. The slider bars are movng with the movment of the joystick.
The right stick I can get the up and down and the calibration bar moves but the left and right movment does not seem to move any slider bar. I am trying to figure out what assignment the channels should be for aircraft and helicopters

Cheers

Rhys
GTO

Postby phildc » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:32 am

phildc

Postby GTO » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:49 am

Thanks guys

I seem to have the controller working, just need some minor adjustments but apart from that thinks work well. What a great programe having lots of fun :D . Silly question but, will using this programe help much in flying real RC helicopters.

Thank once again

Rhys
GTO

Postby phildc » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:41 pm

Does it help much?
No, just getting the basic reactions, but that already can help.
More expensive simulators get closer to reality.

Phil.
phildc

Postby Flyin Newbie » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:27 pm

I am new to the FMS site and downloaded the sim already. This may seem like a stupid question but how do I get the plane to fly. I have installed a model already but cannot fly the model. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Flyin Newbie

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:27 pm

What are you trying to control it with ? Joystick ? RC transmitter ? Keyboard ? What happens when you try to fly a model ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Flyin Newbie » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:43 am

I am trying to fly a model with the keyboard. I cannot get the plane to move forward. I used the keys and nothing worked. Any suggestion what could be wrong.
Flyin Newbie

Postby Steve Lewin » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:37 am

Have you tried checking that you're using the correct keys ? Controls/keyboard and click on the control, e.g. Throttle up, then press the key you're intending to use. It often causes problems if you're using a laptop with no separate numeric keypad.

Other than that, you're not trying to fly something that needs a handlaunch are you ? If so you'll need to press R to get it moving.

OTOH I can't fly most things with the keyboard either....it's much too hard.

Steve
Steve Lewin

i need help pleaze

Postby ncmoosc » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:56 am

Ive got a dynam 6 channel receiver that plugs into the usb port how do i use it to fly the helicopter? like which position does the 5ch gyro go up down? the mix on or off? gear/pit do i spin it around or doesn't mess with it? left stick can i use it as throttle? right stick can i use it to turn my heli?
what about the 4 sliders what do i do with those? when i launch my FMs software and go to calibrate joystick the mapping do i click all the boxes? do i move the numbers around? when click calibrate and move the sticks in circle and finish the helicopter doesn't do anything what am i doing wrong? i thought this would be easy plug in and fly. it was easier to fly my honey bee till i crashed after 6mins flight. Ive been trying for 3days till i found this forum but still cant the heli off the ground. As you can I'm real new at this and hope to start practicing till my parts come in for my honey bee if theres a sight that gives precise directions and pics to calibrate controller would be help full thanks
ncmoosc

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:20 am

Do you want to calm down a bit and try again, I've no idea what you're talking about ? Never heard of a 5ch gyro, "the mix" or a gear/pit. Don't know any 4 sliders.

Calibrate, following the instructions then make sure you have filled in the correct channel numbers in the boxes on the LH side of the screen (based on which blue bars move when you move the sticks). You need the bottom 4 which control the helis, Tail moves tail left/right, Nick pitches forward/back, Roll rolls left/right, Pitch is equivalent to throttle.

BTW the thing with the sticks on that you wiggle is called a transmitter. The receiver is the bit in the heli.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Return to Joystick-Interface