[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Esky 0905A INV Not Working

Esky 0905A INV Not Working

Esky 0905A INV Not Working

Postby grunhaus » Tue May 15, 2007 4:20 am

Just installed Esky EK@-0905A 4 channel and everything went very quickly and smoothly. It took me a little while to figure out changing the Channels from 1-2-3-4 (throttle on right etc) to 4-2-1-3 (throttle on left etc) and it came out fine. However I cannot get INV to work. My Elevator, Aileron, and Throttle all work the opposite direction of what they should be (for example, move the stick down and the throttle increases). I tried to recalibrate by checking the INV boxes but no changes are made. I tried clicking the checkboxes for those three functions and then click calibrate button (and follow the steps) and I also clicked calibrate first and then check the three boxes but that did not work either. I did a search on this Joystick-Interface forum and found xr750's Oct 9 2006 post about rebooting and going to the Control Panel Game Controller and using that calibrating tool. I did that too but the 0905A works backwards there also.

What is the EXP column of checkboxes next to the INV column? I tried several different ways to work with that too (both columns checked, just EXP checked) and no effect there either. Very puzzling. I hope I've done something dumb rather than the controller being messed up. What do you think? Thanks.
grunhaus

Nevermind - I figured it out

Postby grunhaus » Wed May 16, 2007 12:10 am

Today I started banging away on this again, did some more searches on this forum, and managed to get the controller working properly. I found out that I needed to check the boxes for channels 5 - 8 as well as the first four. I originally though it was just channels 1 - 4 because I have a 4 channel transmitter. Bars 5 - 8 never moved in the calibration function so I thught they did nto matter. I still don't understand it but everything is working as it should so I guess it does not matter.
grunhaus

Postby Steve Lewin » Wed May 16, 2007 8:36 am

The top 4 channels on LH panel control fixed wing planes.

The bottom 4 channels control the helicopters.

You didn't say what you were trying to fly.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby grunhaus » Thu May 17, 2007 11:27 pm

Steve - you're right. It was not until I had done some more searching on this forum that I discovered channels 1 -4 were fixed wing and 5 - 8 were helicopters. Everybody knows that except the people who need the information the most: complete beginners. The E-sky directions would make better packing material than directions.
grunhaus

exp?

Postby CoroRon » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:36 pm

I agree about the instructions - So what does exp mean?
CoroRon

Postby phildc » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:03 am

EXP means exponential: be less sensitive around the centre, but keep full displacement at the ends.
And btw, INV means invert, in case the model goes in the wrong direction.

Phil.
phildc

Return to Joystick-Interface