[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - esky 0406A and Esky USB Interface EK2-0900A Problems

esky 0406A and Esky USB Interface EK2-0900A Problems

esky 0406A and Esky USB Interface EK2-0900A Problems

Postby franzp » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi,

i have the 6ch esky Transmitter 0406a and the USB Cable EK2-0900A on a Windows XP Machine. My Problem is, that only 3 Channels can be calibrated in FMS (and also in the gamepad control panel from Win XP). The Roll funktion is dead. I tried the USB Cable on three different PC´s. Everytime the same error.

Can anyone help me?

thanks a lot.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english!!
franzp

Postby des white » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:46 am

Your English is fine.

The problem you have is that the cable is only meant for the 4 channel Esky transmitter and will not work with the 6 channel transmitter. Suggest you have a look on Ebay and find someone who is selling the FMS simulator with a USB 'transmitter'
des white

Postby franzp » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:09 am

thank you very much.
I suspected, that is the wrong combination of tx and cable.

It would be nice, if i can use the same tx in the sim and the real heli :-(

What a shame!
franzp

Postby Mike Williams » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:55 pm

G'Day ! Looks like I have a similar problem....
6ch esky Transmitter 0406a and the USB Cable on a Windows XP Machine, as supplied in a Package with the E-Sky Installation Disk.
Package marked 'EK2-0900A softdog'

'ThreeDee' Heli selected.....Mode 2 TX

Left stick throttle,Pitch ( including correct Idle-Up functionality ) and Rudder calibrate fine.

But right stick adjusts Pitch again in Verical Axis, and no response at all with Horizontal.

Tried Latest download version 2 Alpha 8.5, tried a different PC, tried another Cable from the shop...always the same result.

Do You know the Part # of the correct Cable ????
Croc Dundee
Mike Williams

okay..

Postby Solow » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:45 am

Have you set your channels right ??

It should be :

6 - 2 - 1 -3 - 6 - 2 - 1 - 3

With marks in Throttle and Pitch !!

It works for me..
Solow

Postby Mike Williams » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:44 am

Are You SURE You are using 'EK2-0900A' Cable ? When I look at the 'Resources' display, there is no way this would work.

Now I have seen this statement on the rc-fever website :-
http://www.rc-fever.com/flight-simulato ... -1672.html

"...Please note that some people have been experiencing problems getting this cable to work with 6 channel transmitters, at this point I advise you do not purchase for 6 channel transmitters......"

Now I've replaced the cable with 'FMS-USB-ESKY' from rc-fever.......this one works fine !! using 4-2-1-3-4-2-1-3 ( throttle/Pitch Inverted )

Only issue I have now, is that due to collective Pitch ( on ESKY Belt CP ) is that Throttle/Pitch also Interferes with Aileron & Elevator !

I think some more work on the Firmware is required !!
Croc Dundee
Mike Williams

Postby mobius » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:43 pm

Greetings all,

My first post, and I hope it's helpful to some. I have been reading and studying on another helicopter forum in the UK that has been very helpful in sorting some things out with my own Honey Bee King 2. I recently acquired the Esky EK2-0900A USB cable for my stock transmitter and found the information as to how to correctly set up for use with this cable. This information will work with Windows 2000 Pro and perhaps XP. Don't know about Vista. Part of this information is from another newbie pilot and it helped me complete the setup to use the latest version of FMS with a collective pitch heli and my stock tx.

1. Remove the third battery from the left in your transmitter. Inside the transmitter, you will see two dip switches on a red switch block.

2. Using a small screwdriver, flip the positions of the switches. Standard setup for flying with a left hand stick=pitch transmitter is 1=Down, 2=Up. To use FMS, reverse the positions so that 1=Up, 2=Down.

3. Re-insert your transmitter batteries.

4. Remove your transmitter crystal.

5. Plug your transmitter USB cable into your PC.

6. Turn transmitter on.

7. Start FMS

8. In the Controls > Analog Control section, choose the Joystick setup option and set your controls as follows:

Tail = 5 and check the INV option
Nick = 2
Roll = 1 and check the INV option
Pitch = 3

9. Follow the Calibrate procdure with the model of your choice. I have been flying the Blade CP model as it seems to simulate the Honey Bee King 2 flight characteristics quite well.

10. After calibration, center all your trims except your pitch trim which should be fully down.

11. My experience so far has been that every thing works on my tx except the head lock mode on my gyro switch. Idle up, HOV PIT, and trims all work like in the real world on my setup.

12. When getting ready to use your tx for flying, remember to reset the dip switches to the original setting.

Fly=1-Down, 2-Up
Sim=1-Up, 2-Down
Oh, and don't forget to replace your crystal!

Happy flying and simming. Hope this helps. And thanks to Chris for helping get me started on finding the solution.

--mobius
Honey Bee King 2
3800Kv Brushless / 25A esc
Stock Esky tx/rx
EK2-0900A softdog
Win2K Pro
mobius

Postby Mike Williams » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:14 am

Croc Dundee
Mike Williams

Postby helismash » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:07 am

Thanks mobius

I have an E-sky 0406A 6 Channel Transmitter (purchased with a Honeybee King 2) was having no luck in getting it to work with the FMS simulator but after using the instructions you posted all worked ok except I had to change the Rudder and Tail to 4 get it to work on my pc (win xp).

Thanks for the help
Helismash
helismash

Postby chase_richard55 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:31 am

I think it is a little bit hunt and peck.

I have stock 0406A Tx and usb cable from deal extreme.

And Version 2.0 Alpha 8.3 (Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP).

I had to flip both switches up, and then set the analog device to 1r,3,4r,2,1r,3,4r,2 where r is a check in the Inv box

I don't think I have it quite right but I can fly in idle up mode without hitting the idle up switch.

When I hit the idle up switch it is all screwed up though.

I can also fly the Pitts plane fine.
Get Down to the Funky Beat of Rotary Wings!
chase_richard55

Return to Joystick-Interface