[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Throttle works left to right not up and down

Throttle works left to right not up and down

Throttle works left to right not up and down

Postby hubcap » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi my first post.
I have a E Sky 0905a controller running FMS Version 2 alpha 8.3, All is well apart from the throttle which is on the left stick (correct) but throttle works left to right, not up and down.
I have searched for this problem but not found anything happening the same as this. Am i missing something or what? - trying to fly heli's so i don't mash up my new blade CX2.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Hubcap
Keep Your Cheeks Apart !
hubcap

Postby phildc » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:24 am

Welcome to the forum.
You have to put the right numbers for the channels in the fms menu. Repeat the sequence twice (the 4 upper numbers for planes/gliders, the lower 4 for helicopters). You will get something like 42134213.
Do the first test with an 'easy' plane like the Bf109, test in sequence:
- throttle to start taxiing
- direction with a little throttle
- elevator with more throttle, to go in the air
- ailerons in the air, to roll left or right

The software Joystick.exe may help you in case of doubt about your joystick.

Select joy 1 or 2 in the menu, then press 'joystsick'. To change, press 'freeze'.
It also displays buttons and 'hat' position.

Phil.
phildc

Postby hubcap » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:01 pm

Thanks Phil - Sorted,
nice program should save me a few blades :D , once again thanking you, btw unplugging the USB lead and re-plugging it in did the trick...
Hubcap
Keep Your Cheeks Apart !
hubcap

Helis setup mode 1 - same controller

Postby CoroRon » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:27 pm

Hi

I am also new to this - I have the same controller and am trying to configure the mapping for Mode 1 helicopter

Am I right in assuming the following should happen

Left stick

Elevator - Fwd (towards screen) tilts forward, back (towards me) tilts back)
Rudder = left turns heli nose to the left (tail moves anticlockwise), right turns nose to the right

Right stick

Throttle - Fwd should lift heli, back should lower heli
Ailerons - left tilts to the left, right tilts to the right

I am trying to make sure this sim matches what will happen on a lama 4 which I am going to get - I would hate to crash the heli because the setup was different on the sim

Many thanks
CoroRon

Return to Joystick-Interface