Twister Bell 47

Twister Bell 47

Postby flash1 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:57 pm

Just bought a new Twister Bell 47 with USB lead for PC.
Can anyone help me with the controller settings, I am using mode 2.
:cry:
flash1

Postby phildc » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:48 pm

I would recommend to set up with a simple plane model, like the Bf109, because helis are more difficult, and you do not well recognize the movements when moving the levers.

First do a calibration (slowly move all levers to a maximum in all direction, until the 'bars' come to a stop and follow the levers positions).

I will explain for mode 2, but the method is applicable for the other modes, just knowing which lever movement does what in your particular mode.

Start with the throttle which is the let lever moved vertically. Look at the bar that moves on the screen, and copy the number of the moving bar in the label for 'throttle'.

Pushing the lever will bring the model in motion on the ground. Keep a slow motion. If necessary invert ('INV') the control

Then same action for the rudder (horizontal left) that will make the plane turn left or right on the ground.

Next, the elevator (vertical right), that will bring the plane in the air when pulled, if you first give enough throttle.

And finally, when you are in the airs, the ailerons (horizontal right) that will make the plane roll in the given direction.

So you get four numbers in the four upper positions, which are for planes.
Simply copy the four numbers and inversion 'ticks' to the lower positions that are for helis. You will get something like '42314231'.

The 'EXP' ticks mean exponential which is a settting that reduces the sensitivity of the channel near the center, but keeps full rate at the end. Tick if needed.

Hope this helps. It is a general method for setting up the channels.

Phil.
phildc

twister

Postby flash1 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:03 pm

Thanks my friend I have it.
Just a bit slow for a 73 year old
flash1

Return to Joystick-Interface