Throttle question.

Throttle question.

Postby steven s » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:59 am

I'm using a video game controller with dual joysticks. Is there any way to remove the throttle control from the left joystick and map it to either the keyboard or the controller's 4-way pad? The joystick is always trying to center itself, but on a real RC radio, IIRC, the throttle stays where you put it. If I could send the throttle to someplace stable, that would be one less thing to hassle with while trying to learn to fly.

Steve S.
steven s

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:54 am

If you just remove that channel number from the boxes on LH side of the mapping/calibration screen you should find that the normal keyboard controls still work for throttle.

Of course it will then be even less like actually flying a model....but that's your choice.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby steven s » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:20 pm

Thanks for the response. I'll try your tip. As for being less realistic, right now I'm just learning how to coordinate the control surfaces to fly the plane. The throttle was just becoming a nuisance.

One thing I did was to adjust the max thrust in the PAR file so that the plane would fly level at mid throttle. I only need to throttle up at takeoff.

Steve S.
steven s

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:44 pm

Hi,

gamepads usually come with some sort of profiling software that will allow you to map keyboard commands to buttons or 4-way pad directions.

Regards
TreeHugger

Return to Joystick-Interface